Apm Hood

I also like this hood alot to.its steel but not functional tho and for only 450 ish

not to knock the style, but it looks a bit like 99-2004 mustang gt to me...

and as for speed, we've had dad's white truck up to about 80ish, and the hood is rock solid. It is actually fairly heavy duty imo...

The only reason I bought the goodmark is that the body lines aren't great on the keystone, and the price was about 200+ cheaper.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not to knock the style, but it looks a bit like 99-2004 mustang gt to me...

and as for speed, we've had dad's white truck up to about 80ish, and the hood is rock solid. It is actually fairly heavy duty imo...

The only reason I bought the goodmark is that the body lines aren't great on the keystone, and the price was about 200+ cheaper.

Ya it definatly does look like the gt hood but I mean the keystone looks like the old 442 style witch does look cooler tho then a ford hood lol.i am definatly eyeing the keystone more and more.i think that's wat I wanna get and I like the fact it its functional.

You usually have issues with fitment on fiberglass hoods but if you really like it go for it but make sure you use a good body shop ..

I have an AMD cowl hood and love it and only cost $4?? shipped plus paint

:thumbs: X 2. Fits like a glove.

Ya it definatly does look like the gt hood but I mean the keystone looks like the old 442 style witch does look cooler tho then a ford hood lol.i am definatly eyeing the keystone more and more.i think that's wat I wanna get and I like the fact it its functional.

I LOVE the 442 style scoops, and wish the Keystone style came in steel also, because that is what I would buy.

I had my Keystone " fiberglass" hood up to 140 a few times and no type of problems

Some Info On Hood: Keystone 06 Good Hood Twin Scoop Functional Ram-Air Hood High Strength Fiberglass Composite Construction. Steel Reinforcement For Added Durability #GHG121.

Edited by shakesvho (see edit history)

I LOVE the 442 style scoops, and wish the Keystone style came in steel also, because that is what I would buy.

ya that would be an awesome hood. I would definatly get it then. The 442 style hood is an awesome hood and I like how ya can get it functional.

Ok so I really like this hood but it is fiberglass and painted it costs 1500. I want to know wat everyone thinks of this hood and if it'llbe a good hood being that it is fiberglass. I'm not a fan of glass hoods but I really like this hood. Opinions?? Thanks

For that price, it better be made from carbon fiber in a vacuum mold. <--- serious comment, not a joke. The styling of the hood to me like it would look best on a GMC front end (rather than the Chevy).

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

For that price, it better be made from carbon fiber in a vacuum mold. <--- serious comment, not a joke. The styling of the hood to me like it would look best on a GMC front end (rather than the Chevy).

Mr. P.

Ya now I'm starting to realize that the price is extremely high. The more I look at hoods the more I don't really like that hood any more and the realization that a good hood doesn't cost close to that. I think I'm guna go with a keystone hood. They look really good and are decent priced to.

Ya now I'm starting to realize that the price is extremely high. The more I look at hoods the more I don't really like that hood any more and the realization that a good hood doesn't cost close to that. I think I'm guna go with a keystone hood. They look really good and are decent priced to.

Don't get me wrong, it's a really pretty hood. And I have no problem with people that want to spend money for something special. But even with those points considered, $1500 is asking a lot for what is offered, pretty low bang-for-the-buck IMO. Now OTOH if the unit were made from 2-layer CF with reinforced corners & latch support etc and had a CF substructure and only weighed 35-lbs and fit *perfect* and had a flawless finish... then yeah it would be totally worth $1500 because that's the amount of effort involved. But I don't see that as the kind of product being sold.

On your aftermarket hood, be aware they get damaged in shipping A LOT - when you go to the shipper to pick up the hood, open the crate right there and inspect it before signing anything; if there is any damage (no matter how slight) refuse delivery and call the vendor and let them know it's on its way back to them. Once you sign the shipping/delivery receipt, it's yours regardless of whether you inspected it or not. And don't let the shipping company bully you, you have every right by law to inspect before signing. Body parts a lot of the time arrive with damage.

Mr. P.

Thank you for all the great info because I probably would just sign for it and take it then get it home and then open it up. That was alot of its lol. I've never ordered a hood before so I wasnt aware that they often came damaged so that is something I will definatly check before signing. Thank you again