Wash routine

I use Maguires gold class soap, I start at the top of the truck work my way down. Use a seperate was mit for the wheels and wheel wells. I rinse it was the Mr.Clean auto dry, Just using the filter option for a spotless dry. Then I use a real shammy, I think its deerskin. Once I have her all dry, I either wax with Maguires gold class wax, or I use Maguires quick wax. With the quick wax I spray it on, evenly rub it in till it hazes, let it sit for a few mins., Remove it, the polish it till its perfect no swirles. I am not sure what I use on the tires but its a clear silicone base liquid of some sort works really well. Polish the exhaust tip with never dull.

The other day after washing her, A friend of mine and I were pulling out of a gas station when we were stopped buy some dude in a Escalade. He was the owner of a detail service, He asked where I had my truck done? I told him I do it myself, He was like that shits perfect man, Like "GLASS". That made my day...

I am curious to use the Zaino products, Are they really that much better?

As a former Meguiar's user myself, I can tell you that I REALLY like Zaino...I have been using it on my 'Vette, Avalanche and now girlfriend's Monte Carlo SS for 3 years...the shine is great but what I really like is the protection...I can Zaino the truck in the Fall and it will still be protecting the 'Lanche in the Spring...In Chicagoland with salt and everything that is a plus!

Enjoy...just remember...very very thin, small coats!

(It takes some getting used to but it really is no harder than anything else if you do the prep (with Zaino or anything else!)...from the 'Vette forums...those with black cars like it VERY much!

Bill

:flag::thumbs::seeya:

my hood is in pretty bad shape, if you stand next to it and look at it theres a bunch of black spots on my dark grey paint, i duhno what it is, tar or something, maybe even burnt? we had fireworks on 4th july land all in my yard, and maybe some hit my truck and burnt? who knows, right now I wish i could wax it and stuff but I'm too depressed by the scratches and spots that ive gotten this spring and no luck finding touchup paint for my color =\

Zaino is great and easy to apply.

The only problem (and not really a problem) is it won't hide anything! I think Z5 is a waste. Use 3M swirl remover is rid the finish of swirls, then go straight to Z2/ZFX.

I need to do the truck again, it's been 11 months, through winter, and still beads OK, but it needs it again.

Meguiar's ScratchX seems to be magic at fixing up my black vehicles before layering the Zaino.

hell yeah! i use the scratchx too on my blue truck and that stuff works wonders!

Have used both. The meguiars stuff is easier and the zaino last longer so if you like to clean and wax use meguiars and I you dont go for the zaino. Like mentioned before a little zaino goes along way. Meguairs make alot of nice products for keeping everything clean and tidy. If you what to save alittle time on wheels and tires try Eagle1 wheel & tire cleaner it works very good. It save buying 2 products as well.

Archived