Goodies

beelicious1000

ok trying to make a couple more decisions before i place my order tomorrow. im getting the prc stage 2.5 5.3l heads. im not quite sure which gaskets to get. should i just use the oem ones or go with cometics? im having mixed thoughts about this cause ive been told go oem and have been told use cometics. what are the ups and downs from either one. any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is the last thing i need to decide on before i order everything tomorrow. thanks

Yeah that converter ought to work reeeeel nice :driving:

Gaskets - I would use the factory ones; they hold an atmosphere of boost without letting go, they're plenty strong just don't do anything stupid with your tune & install them correctly, and you'll get good life out of them!

Mr. P. :)

well i finally pulled the trigger and ordered my heads and cam this morning. it was a $1900 punch in the gut. and looking in the wallet now just dust comes out of it.sigh.gif but its all good, will be worth it in a couple of weeks when its all put on.

darn wish i would have seen this , my friend has a cnc program for stock heads and sells them for a great deal . athey are pretty much identical to prc.

either way should kick ass , cam specs ??

ya i got this converter with the intentions of running just a cam and it being a lil bit smaller. then i decided to go with heads and that led to a bigger cam. im not trying to break any records with it and it wont see a whole lot of track time so the 3200 so do for now. but i can already see where this is all leading up to. biggrin.gif one thing leads to another you know lol. next will be a beefier tranny and i will up the tc then.

• 3 weeks later...

well finally after 3 weeks i got the rest of the goods in the mail. they arrived yesterday.

Torquer V3

post-19768-096499600 1302143854_thumb.jpg

PRC Stage 2.5 5.3l heads milled to 61cc chambers

post-19768-073311800 1302144187_thumb.jpg

i got everything. now i just have to find the time to get off of work to have the stuff installed.