Trade My Truck For A C5 Z06?

The_aSSet

I feel your pain bro. I love my SS to death and have no desire to get rid of it but I have been lusting after a silver Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (TJ, the body before the current one). I'm just trying to decide if I want the Jeep more than I want to keep the truck. I never drive my truck anymore, it just sits in the garage now. Like you said 13mpg is tough to feed when I have a Jetta that gets 30mpg that I use for running around town. I have a work vehicle too so the SS just never gets driven. Dang I want that Jeep though...

i dont know man. i mean anyone that is a gm fan i think would love to have a vette. i know i would. lol but you have to take in account of what you have already invested in the SS and then just part with it for what sounds like a pretty much stock vette. hell its ls based, and you know damn well your going to turn around and do the same exact thing to the vette that you did to the truck: motor, trans ect.....there is no way u will keep it stock. then you will be in the same boat as u are now. at least now you have a more versatile vehicle. u go the vette route and your gonna just end up buying you another vehicle because your not gonna want to put miles on it, get it out in the weather blah blah...........u know where im going with all this lol. i say STICK WITH THE SS!!!!!!!!!

Edited by silver05 (see edit history)

actually the mileage would be alot better in a vette. its alot lighter, a 6 speed, and not awd, that makes a big difference.

i know when my ws6 was stock i could easily get over 20 around town if i wasnt beating on it. hell, its a 408 car now and still gets better mileage than the truck.

i just wouldnt want to give up the truck for something i wouldnt want to drive in rain or snow.

you guys who say a vette wouldn't get better MPG are crazy haha. Mine C5Z06 does a ton better than my SS but my SS had a supercharger and a ton more mods. I got around 10-12 mpg around town depending on how I drove it. Not much better on the highway. I had a super nice SS but I was ready to get rid of her. After 6 years and a lot of $$$$$, I didn't feel like putting more money into modding to get into the low 12's or even 11's. Plus she had around 92k miles and almost half of those were supercharged so I worried about the engine or trans going south. These trucks are a blast to drive with a SC but it takes a lot of money to make them fast and reliable.

Back to the vette. That price is crazy high IMO for a C5Z06 with that many miles. Sure vettes hold their value better than the SS but that price is still too high. If you look around you probably find a lower milage C5Z06 for that price. I had planned on saving and getting a C6Z06 but my DD was giving my $hit and after 4 months she had to go. I guess I'm not a SUV guy. So I found a C5Z06. I didn't want another crazy high almost $600 a month payment like what I had for the SS. Look on the web and see what else you find if you really want a C5Z06. Fun cars to drive for sure. The 6 speed is fun even if you live in a city like me. I love shifting. Car is fun fun fun to drive!! :peelout: