Under the hood of a Cadillac CTS-V

SinisterSS

I don't care what these other knuckle heads think.... that looks damn good! :thumbs:

but i definitely wouldn't post those on the corvette forum... those guys would come after ya with pitchforks and torches! :eek:

that is for sure, they would find no amusement in it. the set up looks good, but "corvette" shoudn't be anywhere on that car. the carbon fiber would be bad ass though or even all red without any lettering.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Corvette Z06 and the Cadillac CTS-V are the only two cars ever to get the "modern version" of LS6 engine.

This isn't like putting red Z06 covers on a LS1 in a Camaro, the LS6 in the Caddy was lifted right out of the Z06. Same engine, same engine covers. :P

I kind perfer the CF engine covers on the cts-v... :seeya:

Agree that the carbon fiber Caddy cover that has been teased in pictures to us by GM looks good. Too bad there is no expected time of if and when or how much they will cost. They might show up next year on the LS7 version of the V.

The Corvette Z06 and the Cadillac CTS-V are the only two cars ever to get the "modern version" of LS6 engine. 

This isn't like putting red Z06 covers on a LS1 in a Camaro, the LS6 in the Caddy was lifted right out of the Z06.  Same engine, same engine covers.  :P

Completely different cars :rolleyes:

I would try to find carbon fiber covers without the "Corvette" insignia on them. That would look really :cool: Mine just have a Mallett sticker on them, so plain ones, or ones with the CTS-V insignia would be way :cool:

No offense, it is yours to do with as you please. ;)

they both use the LS6, only one is a corvette. the covers don't say LS6 on them, just corvette. camaro owners use the black one's quite often since they have an LS1 like the base corvettes. i'm guessing the LS6 in your caddy wasn't lifted from a corvette, if it were i'd be upset that they gave you an engine from another car.

I kind perfer the CF engine covers on the cts-v... :seeya:

Agree that the carbon fiber Caddy cover that has been teased in pictures to us by GM looks good. Too bad there is no expected time of if and when or how much they will cost. They might show up next year on the LS7 version of the V.

hmm that must b why i never see em... I saw it on the concept i guess, and it hought it was an optio... go figure... :thumbs:

they both use the LS6, only one is a corvette. the covers don't say LS6 on them, just corvette. camaro owners use the black one's quite often since they have an LS1 like the base corvettes. i'm guessing the LS6 in your caddy wasn't lifted from a corvette, if it were i'd be upset that they gave you an engine from another car.

It is the same engine - block, cam, heads, compression, intake, blah blah blah.

Due to a slightly more restrictive exhaust system and filter air-box, the Caddy LS6 is rated at 400 hp instead of 405 like the Z06.

It is the same engine - block, cam, heads, compression, intake, blah blah blah.

Due to a slightly more restrictive exhaust system and filter air-box, the Caddy LS6 is rated at 400 hp instead of 405 like the Z06.

Yes, as SinisterSS stated, the LS6 is the exact same motor in the Z06 as it is in the CTS-V. It's not like the F-body and Y-body thing, which had different cams and such..

Archived