trans shift rpms

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO, and Not to dissagree with the BMOC, but I like to have my shift points a bit lower... 5600 and 5550 for 1-2 and 2-3, ... but then again, I also have a non stock TCC though that shouldn't matter much. Mine feels like it is running out of breath over 5600 or so. May just be my settings. Hope this helps.

You could see much better 1/4 times, I think, if you extended out your shift points. Most guys with handheld programmers are knocking about a 1/2 sec off of their times and the main thing they are doing is moving out the shift points.

You could see much better 1/4 times, I think, if you extended out your shift points. Most guys with handheld programmers are knocking about a 1/2 sec off of their times and the main thing they are doing is moving out the shift points.

:withstupid:

My Gtech results tend to favor the higher shift points. Yes, it may feel like it's running out of breath, but when it shifts, it's in the sweet spot, not below it. thus making for better overall times. :thumbs:

Bryan has mine set for 5800 for the 1-2 and 5900 for the 2-3. It doesnt feel like its running out of breath, but it is kinda odd the first couple of times you run it that high. It just feels like it should shift earlier, but, it does run all the way up, shift better and deffenately is faster in the higher rpm's.

I cant wait till I actually get to line up against someone and see what the truck can really do. I keep trying to talk a GT Mustang into racing me and he says he will, but never will give me a day and time.

Archived