What Do you Guys Think Of My New Times

Blacktrailwagon

I recently bought a 2000 Chevy Silverado with a whipple supercharger and this weekend i took it out to the track. First run i ran a 14.190 with 2.2 60' and a 101 mph. My second run was a 14.00 my 60' was 2.1 and i ran a 102 mph. I was not very happy because i know that the truck can run a 13 and it seems to me that the MPH is very high for that low of a time. Anyway tell me what you guys think?

I thought that my MPH were high. I dont think that traction was a problem. I was running 26 inch m/t et streets. I think that the problem is in my converter. It only stalls at about 1,500 rpm which i think is very low. That was the first tiem at the trakc and it was about 90 degrees out and i only got 2 runs. I think htat next tiem out i will really get on it and bring those 60 foot times down because that is what is killing. By the way does anybody know where i can get a higher stalling converter for my truck? Anway thanks for all of the help and i will let you guys know the next time i get out to the track.

the 4.2 trailblazer converter would fix the 60' times by alot.

Or allow you to break things.... M Walls54 chip in here any time now.

it wasn't the converter that broke the drum, the 600hp is what broke the drum. the converter held the power. in my opnion if you are looing for a cheap fix i would try the trailblazer converter. it stalls around 2300-2600 range. i plan on going with a higher stall 3000 if and when i can figure out a time to do the tranny because i am running on rebuilt 4l60e parts.

the 4.2 trailblazer converter would fix the 60' times by alot.

Or allow you to break things.... M Walls54 chip in here any time now.

it wasn't the converter that broke the drum, the 600hp is what broke the drum. the converter held the power. in my opnion if you are looing for a cheap fix i would try the trailblazer converter. it stalls around 2300-2600 range. i plan on going with a higher stall 3000k if and when i can figure out a time to do the tranny because i am running on rebuilt 4l60e parts.

wow 3,000,000 stall converter seems a bit high matt... :jester:

Archived