Quick!

03SSrado

ur welcome, theoredically the thicker and more insulated the wire the better the current flow from coil to plug under heat conditions. Now will you feel any gains or run at the track any quicker? Not from what I've read or experienced. I see some with LT's running stock wires, some with stock manifolds running Taylor's. It's really personal preference.

Ok my experience here -

The Taylor wire products are ok when you first put them on, they work well UNTIL you have to take them off months later and the boot/wire completely fall apart in the process. :shakehead: They look good, and work well, but they don't "live" well. And this was even grabbing the plug boot, not just yanking on the wire...

Get wires with straight boots, or bendable boots. I highly recommend the MSD wires for this reason, and the MSDs cleanly come off the plug. If you are running forced induction with headers then you might also strongly consider the MSD boot insulation fire-sleeve too, although it is kind of expensive; but I have taken a roll of it and used it to insulate plug boots for 2 engines, so you might be able to go in halves with a friend on that.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

^^^^ not saying taylors are the best. but i do want to throw in my input. i have been running taylors for over 4 years and thats the same set. i have never had one problem other than melting two because of how tight my turbo manifolds our built. i have melted them even with the heat socks on.

i appreciate the input guys.. learnin more as i go along. i was very anxious to get the truck on the road and went back with the factory size wire. its not a high HP truck or anything, just simple bolt ons so i figured i could get away with it.