Looking For New Concealment Holster

So I work very late at night in my shop, often alone. Seeing all the nice cars and equipment around always keeps me worried about theft- especially when I'm there at night. I need a holster I can wear while working on cars, painting, sitting, running, whatever. I have a paddle from fobus I wear sometimes, it's OWB and can get in my way or fall out while I'm laying under cars- not to mention it's not exactly concealed. Then I have a kydex IWB abdominal holster that is great for retention, concealment, and stays in place great. But for sitting, and leaning over fenders it sucks. But it's my holster for daily carry and works great.

So who's got what gun? Do you carry, maybe work with it? I'm looking for any and all feedback here. Want to know more before I buy any more holsters :lol: oh, and my two main carry pistols are the Glock 19 and springfield xd 9mm 3" subcompact. So, let's hear it! :D

Could stuff a Sig P238 in your pocket and be done with it. I never gave it much thought til I fired one. Pretty smooth, and effective close up with the right ammo. I was pretty accurate at 25 yards and i'm an average shot. I know it's a small caliber but just throwing it out there.

I've got a glock 23, I think it's about the same size as G19. I have a blade tech IWB and it totally conceals the glock, even with just a t-shirt. I don't know about running with it though. Maybe get an LCP or LC9? I also like Blackhawk holsters. I take em hiking and it's totally secure.

I have a crossbreed holster which I wear at my lower back. It's a pretty awesome holster, molded to your gun, very secure, doesnt get in the way. I forget it's there until I lean up against a counter, my short stature puts my waste band right at counter height. Other than that, very comfortable and keeps it concealed. Two friends bought one after playing with mine. www.crossbreedholsters.com

Edited by josh03ss (see edit history)

crossbreed supertuck FTMFW!!!! i can wear a size smaller t-shirt and u cant see my g23 at ALL!!! its about 80 bucks but it is the best holster ive ever worn. i carry most days except when at school and nobody has ever noticed and its EXTREMELY comfortable

I carry my g19 and g30 in a crossbreed supertuck just behind my hip at the 8-8:30 positon (I am a lefty). I also have a Comp Tac Minotaur holster as well, almost the same thing and the crossbreed. Having two different carry options like the springfield and glock the comp tac might be the better choice because you can buy an extra shell. However the glock will fit in the springfield shell but the springfield won't fit well in the glock shell. I got rid of my xd40sc and xd45 and went over to all glock just to keep all the holsters the same.

You wouldn't happen to be left handed would you? I have a shell for the Comp tac that fits all XD's

Could stuff a Sig P238 in your pocket and be done with it. I never gave it much thought til I fired one. Pretty smooth, and effective close up with the right ammo. I was pretty accurate at 25 yards and i'm an average shot. I know it's a small caliber but just throwing it out there.

X2 and the way I look at it, it only takes one shot to the head lol.

I've been known to stuff my glock 23 in the back of my belt. That doesn't help you though laying under a car.

Well there seems to be an overwhelming liking to crossbreed, which I have ordered two holsters from- the bedside one (SO tired of it under my pillow! And yes, I'm aware I'm paranoid :lol: ) and the super tuck. The bed one will house my glock 19, since it has a guide rod laser ;) and I'd prefer to carry the glock 19 at all times but the XD is a lot smaller.... I'm not a "big" guy, kind of skinny so I'm skeptical of how well it conceals (6'0" 170 lbs). BUT now that I'm looking at my kydex IWB abdominal holster, is the super tuck specifically for SOB carrying? I guess my hip/side is okay... But for my purposes I prefer abdominal for comfort, position, and security. In a big shop, dark none the less, i can't always be watching my back. So I feel more secure with it in front of me than accessible from behind me

I would say the supertuck isn't great for abdominal carry due to its size. Hip carry and behind is it perfect for. Once the holster breaks in I bet you change your mind about ab carry. I have carried riding my dirtbike out in the desert before with no issues and thats hitting whoops and getting flung all over the place. Youtube crossbreed supertuck and you can see how well it conceals. Theres even a vid of some chick wearing one in a tight shirt and jeans and it just disappears.

I dont carry a gun, but my custom DD 6 cell Maglite can break skulls...then again you dont want to bring the Mag to a gun fight. Im starting to consider one for the truck after the biker incident I had in 06. Hope your feeling better John! :pepsicheer:

Well there seems to be an overwhelming liking to crossbreed, which I have ordered two holsters from- the bedside one (SO tired of it under my pillow! And yes, I'm aware I'm paranoid :lol: ) and the super tuck. The bed one will house my glock 19, since it has a guide rod laser ;) and I'd prefer to carry the glock 19 at all times but the XD is a lot smaller.... I'm not a "big" guy, kind of skinny so I'm skeptical of how well it conceals (6'0" 170 lbs). BUT now that I'm looking at my kydex IWB abdominal holster, is the super tuck specifically for SOB carrying? I guess my hip/side is okay... But for my purposes I prefer abdominal for comfort, position, and security. In a big shop, dark none the less, i can't always be watching my back. So I feel more secure with it in front of me than accessible from behind me

Who is your guide rod laser made by? I am thinking about putting one in my Glock 17 over the crimson trace