Just Did My First Log... Take A Look

idahoBLKss

ok first file is cruising to work keeping it in closed loop or 50% throttle or less. it was kinda traficy on the way to work so i couldnt capture a hole lot ot higher cells..

second log is a wot pull from a dig then i did a 50 mph or so drop ..

let me know your guys thoughts on them and if i even logged them right.

be easy on me , this was my first time ..

to work.hpl

wot1.hpl

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if its a HPL file, then yes. I believe detjoe took care of us being able able to load these files. use the "attach this file" button right below the text window you type in when making a post

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

i've never seen a SC log, and i've never seen IATs do that, lol. Lots of heat. What thermostat are you running, looks like you could lower it and maybe help that KR your getting. Is 15.5 degrees of timing normal for SC motor? Did you let off and then get back on it around 80mph, reason i ask is i had a tb start to close on me at high rpm? Looks like your stall is a tad tight if its a 3200.

just running the stock therm and yeah on the wot run i let off after a while and slowed down to 50 or so then punched it again. the temps rised after i let off is what i thought was interesting and about the timming i couldn't tell you im not a tuner lol

and your correct the stall was supose to be a 3200 wish i would of gotten a 4k stall now to get this 80e up and going quicker. i always read on the forums people running 20+ degrees of timming with there blowers specialy on e85 , but like i said thats what i read maybe a tuner with blower knowledge will chim in.

who is your tuner? Have you had a wideband on it?, with the KR right after your launch i could n't tell were the stall needs to be. I don't say it much...but it looks like a lower stat might really help you out, coarse like i said, i've seen a SC log either.

looks like your still running on the MAF or at least still running with the O2's on?

Have you had her on a dyno yet?

Looks like you got traction to, lucky! lol

who is your tuner? Have you had a wideband on it?, with the KR right after your launch i could n't tell were the stall needs to be.

a local guy here tunes it and i have a aem wide band on the truck but it wasn't plugged in the hp at time of logging. my tuner said that hes going to have to set my software up so i can log with it.

no, no dyno yet but a local shop here is putting in a awd dyno so it should be up and running by next month . they started digging the holes and pouring the cement already its going to be sick. yeah i dont have any traction issues yet.

i just set up my HPT to log with a wideband, real easy to do if you have HPT PRO. OPen up your scanner, click on the "tables (primary) button, go to the bottom where is says "EIO input 1) and right click on it. Then hit "insert input" in the menu that comes up. Expand the "wide band 02" tab and select your AEM wideband".

Then just make sure you connect your wideband to the HPT MPVI right.

I have a 2 wheel drive dyno 15 minutes from my house and a new AWD dyno 45 minutes from me....so if you feel like a road trip....

oh here is a trans site that Zippy told me about, they can change the gears in the trans:

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/4l80e.htm

in the description it says you can order the 80 with a diff first gear, maybe they can get you some more acceleration with out going to higher stall or numerically higher gears

cool i see that was easy , but he said something about it being in-accurate unit he changed the voltage on it or something ... but idk ??!!?? yeah ive heard of gearing the 80's first gear different and i think transgo sells a kit for it but its over 1k if i remember right ... :freak:

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

i've never seen a SC log, and i've never seen IATs do that, lol. Lots of heat. What thermostat are you running, looks like you could lower it and maybe help that KR your getting. Is 15.5 degrees of timing normal for SC motor?

just running the stock therm and yeah on the wot run i let off after a while and slowed down to 50 or so then punched it again. the temps rised after i let off is what i thought was interesting and about the timming i couldn't tell you im not a tuner lol

I am no tuner by any means. I am comfortable in building a base tune for my own truck and did my 2bar speed density tune. Then I got Wheatley to help with all the fine details. Any ways. I have never dealt with e-85 but I think that 15-16 degrees of timing is good start. I only run about 16-17 degrees of timing at around 14psi. I have heard and seen logs where guys are running 20 degrees advanced when they have the tune all dialed in. The kr that you are getting is the place to start. What is causing the kr? Is the truck going lean? or is it ghost knock? Or is it ect causing it?

How much boost is the wot run done with? and what where the afr's during the run?

You have hpt pro? If you want to see another boosted log, I am more than willing to post one of my logs and cfg files. Posting the cfg files also helps so that whoever is looking at your log can use the same cfg file that you are and see the same thing that you do.

By the way. A 2bar sd tune is SO easy to do. I couldn't belive just how simple they were to get a base line done. If you are interested I think I still even have an extra 2bar map, that plugs right into the stock setup.

if the gauge is listed in the HPT file it should be right. Unless the voltage has to be changed on the wideband itself, like mine. My fast has a couple of voltage outputs, i have to set it to 0-4.9 or something to make it read right with the HPT file. Now the HPT log and my gauge read right on.

If i remember my talk with zippy correct, the 80 has the crap first gear but it also has closer ratio gears so you don't fall out of your power band as much when shifting. Maybe some 4.56 gears are in your future.

I am no tuner by any means. I am comfortable in building a base tune for my own truck and did my 2bar speed density tune. Then I got Wheatley to help with all the fine details. Any ways. I have never dealt with e-85 but I think that 15-16 degrees of timing is good start. I only run about 16-17 degrees of timing at around 14psi. I have heard and seen logs where guys are running 20 degrees advanced when they have the tune all dialed in. The kr that you are getting is the place to start. What is causing the kr? Is the truck going lean? or is it ghost knock? Or is it ect causing it?

How much boost is the wot run done with? and what where the afr's during the run?

You have hpt pro? If you want to see another boosted log, I am more than willing to post one of my logs and cfg files. Posting the cfg files also helps so that whoever is looking at your log can use the same cfg file that you are and see the same thing that you do.

By the way. A 2bar sd tune is SO easy to do. I couldn't belive just how simple they were to get a base line done. If you are interested I think I still even have an extra 2bar map, that plugs right into the stock setup.

i dont know why its knocking off the get go but its definately running lean up high15-16 afr's according to my aem. im only seeing 8-9 psi right now.i have hpt pro .whats the ect? and how do i look at my injector duty cycles ?