Just Did My First Log... Take A Look

idahoBLKss

I think steve was argueing more of the fuel system support than anything.

Yep! got ya. Steve, sounds good.

As for the tune... :happysad: Tuning is done very differently from one tuner to another which doesn't make one way right or wrong however there is a general "best practice" to follow. From a quick glance, your tune needs refinement IMHO, especially if you are going to be running E-85 and maxing out your MAF table. I am at work and really cannot comment too deeply however first thing to do is get the correct fueling as I would not approach dialing in the fuel as your tune shows.

1. Your Ve table is STOCK

2. Your MAF table is choppy, after you recalibrate, you should smooth once IMO. The general curve doesn't seem accurate.

2. Your STOICH value is set for E-10 fuel

3. Seems like alot of base running airflow for a mild cam (have any surging)?

4. LTFT's are disabled, any reason for this? It isn't a bad thing just seems overkill for your set-up.

5. Curious to where the injector values came from...

6. Your O2 switch points are modified lean in the cruising areas (most likely to improve MPG), I would set them back to 450 and redo your MAF and Ve.

7. I generally do not agree with your EQ ratios for Pe (WOT) fueling.

8. You are still running a amall % of Torque Management, at this % level...just get rid of it all.

9. Timing tables look good for your set-up.

Bottom line, your fueling is the most critical aspect to correct.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Self Edit---

As for the truck at hand, that tune is not safe to be run on E85. It is a mile off of being safe and if you continue to run it that way you will break the ringland on a piston. It wasn't correct for gas and even more isn't correct in any way shape or form for E85.

• 2 weeks later...

Self Edit---

As for the truck at hand, that tune is not safe to be run on E85. It is a mile off of being safe and if you continue to run it that way you will break the ringland on a piston. It wasn't correct for gas and even more isn't correct in any way shape or form for E85.

How much experience do you have with e85 and prochargers? And Im not challenging you im just asking.

E85 and a Procharger, I haven't done that combo that I can remember of. I've done many E85 and many Procharger, but the combo I'd have to go back through to see if I've done one or not. Tuning is tuning though and it's not difficult at all.

E85 and a Procharger, I haven't done that combo that I can remember of. I've done many E85 and many Procharger, but the combo I'd have to go back through to see if I've done one or not. Tuning is tuning though and it's not difficult at all.

Sent you a pm zippy :takealook: