Why Is My Truck Slow...

Smoak352

I went from a 2009 Denali to my current 2003 AWD SS about 6 months ago. The silverado SS seems slower. It seems like about a 17 sec truck. Is there something wrong? There is a MAF installed by the previous owner as well as a K&N filter. These should only help the truck. Somebody help.

I went from a 2009 Denali to my current 2003 AWD SS about 6 months ago. The silverado SS seems slower. It seems like about a 17 sec truck. Is there something wrong? There is a MAF installed by the previous owner as well as a K&N filter. These should only help the truck. Somebody help.

well the denali does have a bigger motor 6.2 rated at 403hp and the SS has a 6.0 rated at 345hp. the new 6.2 run damn good so i could see why the SS feels like a pig compared to the Denali. the SS runs around a 15 to a mid 14 in the 1/4 mile? add a blower to the SS then see how it feels :ughdance:

Need more info........milage, driving conditions, maintenance records. Your Denali had the Duramax or 6.2 L92? Either way, you had more power with the Denali stock.

Just from the age of the vehicle clean the MAF, TB, swap out that 7 year old fuel filter, seafoam then oil change or Lucas oil at every gas fill-up, new K&N conical filter (I am sure some oil went through the filter and that is not helping), new stock plugs and stock wires. I am sure their is something I forgot but thats a start. Add some more bolt-ons and get it tuned.

the denali has a 6.2 with 403 hp and the SS has a 6.0 with 345. a stock SS will run low 15s to high 14s shouldn't be in the 17s. if its really that slow do some basic maintenance like new spark plugs/wires/air filter/sea foam/clean your maf and tb to start off and see if it wakes it up