New Best Time

shadowsniper3006

Just got back from the track, The first run of the night the truck got traction and ran like crazy. Went 12.410 at 106.62 with a 1.695 60 foot. Made two other runs and the truck spun a bit and turns out i have something pulling timing out. The other runs were 12.48 and 12.50 with low 1.7 60 foot times, but like i said, less timing. The good run it used the 33 degrees i put in, but with no KR it dropped the timing to a worst of 28 on the other runs. Pretty sure when zippy finds out what is pulling timing i have a chance at mid 12.3's with a cool motor and better air. Da was 134 on my best pass of the night, the later runs were -68 feet but slower. My previous best was set at -500, so she's got a little more in her if i can get traction. As always i have to thank Zippy for putting up with me, always answering the phone, and most of all being a great friend. And thanks to Kevin as well for also putting up with me and the rapid fire questions, and sharing his experience.

From here i'm going to make a run for the 11s NA. Not sure if stock cubes can pull it off, but i have some ideas to try out.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am happy as hell you and your truck are putting down some serious times!!! totally proving we are still maxing out LQ9's, and should give guys inspiration, me for one :)

I can tell you have gotten much further in the tuning learning curve, very cool.

man thats getting it for sure.

11's is a great goal for a stock cube n/a motor.

sometimes i wish i had another stock motor vehicle to play with and set similar goals. :ninja:

Nice times on a stock fuel pump. What's next to get you in the 11's with stock cubes?

Your killing me smalls....killing me

Well Mike, i think i have a plan...it might work...maybe.....ok 30% chance.....at best

I'm still using the volant intake pipe and the stock MAF(just for the IAT) and the id of the intake tube(at the MAF end) is smaller then my tb now as well as the MAF, so if i make a custom intake pipe(like we talked about) with the MAF deleted and an MSD IAT sensor, and then wrap the intake in fiberglass to insulate it from heat, i think i can pick up a little power. I'm still running the 1.75 OBX headers with 2.5 collectors, so i think ARH 1.875 headers with 3" collector will help her breath up top and maybe get some rpm crossing the line(however i'm worried it will also raise my cams peak by 100 or 200 rpm). I'm crossing the finish line at 6100-6200 on a cam that peaks at 7200, so i need more rpm going across the line, I'm thinking 4.56 gears. Then once all that is done, my tires are worn pretty bad and i'm never sure if i will hook up or not, so time for some DR's. But if i do everything else first, including the gears, i can evaluate my rpm crossing the line and then match my tire size to what i need.

You certainly get Kudos - congrats on your success, I know that's a lot of hard work making that happen. :cheers:

Mr. P. :)

Thanks Steve, I've learned a lot from your posts, the guys on the forum like you keep this place going

man thats getting it for sure.

11's is a great goal for a stock cube n/a motor.

sometimes i wish i had another stock motor vehicle to play with and set similar goals. :ninja:

Thanks Chase!

God help us all if you start to mod another SSS :D

... I'm still running the 1.75 OBX headers with 2.5 collectors...

:eek: I didn't think the OBX would let a truck go that fast. :thumbs: :thumbs: What's the rest of your exhaust consist of?

Mr. P. :)