New Best Time

shadowsniper3006

:eek: I didn't think the OBX would let a truck go that fast. :thumbs: :thumbs: What's the rest of your exhaust consist of?

Mr. P. :)

Thats funny as hell Steve!

Yeah, still running the obx headers and they really do work well. Joe ran his 13.2 on them stock cubed NA as well.

I think i've heard you say the stock pipes flow pretty well, and i truly believe in them. I'm still running the stock SSS exhaust pipes, but with a DI/DO magnaflow muffler welded in. There are a bunch of kits out there that i just don't think can flow the amount that the stock pipes can. I also have a theory on the stock tail pipe, and feel free to give your opinion. I "think" when the stock pipes merge into the single tail pipe this helps things, as compared to a dual set up out the back. I feel this single pipe at the end of flow, when the velocity is at its slowest, will help to speed up the velocity again. Can't prove it, but's an idea.

Brad

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big congrats Brad! That is quite an accomplishment.

I would love to chat with you off line about some of your thoughts on possible improvements to get that 11 sec pass. I have a couple of ideas you may or may not want to try...

Edited by Krambo (see edit history)

Big congrats Brad! That is quite an accomplishment.

I would love to chat with you off line about some of your thoughts on possible improvements to get that 11 sec pass. I have a couple of ideas you may or may not want to try...

Sending PM Kevin, I'd love to do some BSing and paper racing

You need your mods listed in a sig :)

Can we have sigs that big? :D

congrats Brad,nice to see some of the veterans here acheiving their goals,I am sure you can get your 11's with a little more massaging!

Thanks Much Brent, we have to meet up at one of these GTG's. Or if you ever want to meet at the track.

vic jr intake

nw 102 tb

fabricated 102 elbow

TFS heads

cometic gaskets

yella terra rockers

TSP/lunati push rods

morel drop in lifters

TSP cam

e-water pump

e-fans

ls2 timing chain, stock gears

stock oil pump

stock fuel pump

stock exhaust pipes with magnaflow muffler

OBX headers

volant CAI with ram air

160 stat

28.7 tires

centerline rims

FLT level 7 trans

4500 circle d

Zippy tuning

msd wires

ls2 lifter trays

i think thats about it

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

vic jr intake

nw 102 tb

fabricated 102 elbow

TFS heads

cometic gaskets

yella terra rockers

TSP/lunati push rods

morel drop in lifters

TSP cam

e-water pump

e-fans

ls2 timing chain, stock gears

stock oil pump

stock fuel pump

stock exhaust pipes with magnaflow muffler

OBX headers

volant CAI with ram air

160 stat

28.7 tires

centerline rims

FLT level 7 trans

4500 circle d

Zippy tuning

msd wires

ls2 lifter trays

i think thats about it

Is that all?:pepsicheer:

How do you like your NW 102mm TB, and how did you bolt it up to your Vic JR. IF possible could I see some pics. Thanks

Sure thing, I'm using an intake elbow made by arron(i was using chase's old one if you have seen it), i had to do a bunch of modifing to get the 102 to work since i didn't know the 90mm i had bought from Chase was a one off made for our trucks and the TB location compared to the f-body one i have now. But both the elbow and the vic jr have the 4150 holley mounting pattern so they bolt right together(and i used a 1" plastic spacer to get the height i needed due to the f-body elbow). From there Arron welds the tb flange on the end with the GM 4 bolt pattern in it so any of the GM or NW tb bolt right on. Again to get the 102 to work, i had to make my own tb spacer 1.25 thick. As long as i was making it, i added o-rings to each side for a perfect seal to the elbow. I also machined my own MAP and purge solinoid brackets so they are not just hanging from a piece of vacuum line.

I post some pics for you in this thread tonight(at work now), it should all make more sense with the pictutres.

And as far as the TB working, it works great. I have an older one, like a first gen, the newer ones look way better. With mine it bolted right up to the x-link and went from the GM TBSS tb to the NW 102 with out any changes to the wiring.

The reason that I ask is that my xlink took a crap and left me stranded, Since I'm getting a new one, and its ready to handle a NW TB, I thought about the upgrade. I'm not sure I will see a big enough gaing to justify the expense. I too run the Vic Jr. manifold, but what I did was I got a carb spacer from the local parts store, built up a 2'rise to it, then had someone machine me a TB flange that matched the 90mm TB. All of my vacuum accessories are plummed in to the spacer via barb fittings. in all the spacer is about 2.5" tall with the TB sitting atop of the it all facing upwards not forward. I have not seen a NW TB in person, but if it bolts in in place of a stock 90mm, I sholdn't have to do any customization to make it work. Thanks

The reason that I ask is that my xlink took a crap and left me stranded, Since I'm getting a new one, and its ready to handle a NW TB, I thought about the upgrade. I'm not sure I will see a big enough gaing to justify the expense. I too run the Vic Jr. manifold, but what I did was I got a carb spacer from the local parts store, built up a 2'rise to it, then had someone machine me a TB flange that matched the 90mm TB. All of my vacuum accessories are plummed in to the spacer via barb fittings. in all the spacer is about 2.5" tall with the TB sitting atop of the it all facing upwards not forward. I have not seen a NW TB in person, but if it bolts in in place of a stock 90mm, I sholdn't have to do any customization to make it work. Thanks

Here is a pictural of what i did:

here is how i ran the MAP and the Purge on my set up, this is the elbow made for the truck.

100_3395.jpg

here is the diff between the truck elbow Chase had made and the f-body

length.jpg

dropheight.jpg

frontviewheight.jpg

Here is the new 102 on the truck, its anything but clean. You can also see the spacer i made to get the clearance i needed behind the TB

DSC02538.jpg

DSC02540.jpg

DSC02539.jpg

here is the spacer

2011-04-09194703.jpg

2011-04-09194649.jpg

here is the TB

DSC00696.jpg

DSC00695.jpg

If that doesn't answer your question or show you something you'd like, let me know and i'll get a pic of what you want.

So with your set up your running the TB right on top of the intake......like a acufab for the cable drive trucks? If you are, I'd love to know how much HP you gained from going from an elbow to a direct mount. This is something i have been planning on testing, and putting a large amount of faith in that it may help carry me to the 11's. How did you run your intake tube/air filter? I was planning on running something simular to a carb hat with an intake tube coming from my volant box to the "hat"

I designed it already to work on the victor intake and be one piece. I was thinking of doing this one of two ways, either running the 1" plastic spacer under this or running the tb spacer pictured above on top of it to give me the needed height to clear the fuel rails with the TB motor.

In this picture(of my design) i left the hidden line of the victor jr inlet there just for a size ref. to what the 102mm tb looks like. The large circle(tb mounting side) is 102mm. The lower circle is the max size of the victor inlet. As you can see the 102mm is larger then the inlet of the victor jr., so i chose to cut a, an angle(for a smooth flow transition) to neck the spacer down to the max size of the victor inlet.

DSC02541.jpg

DSC02542.jpg