New Best Time

shadowsniper3006

Man. You're project has kinda blown a couple of my assumptions - GOOD WORK!!

Time for a Walbro GS340?? What injectors are you using?

nice time Brad, congrats! :cheers:

Thanks Much guys!!

I've had a couple of theories blown away as well. Unlike what i learned(or thought i knew), it seems to be hard to overhead these motors or supply too much airflow. I have 225 heads now, but if it wasn't going to cause PTV problems i would put 235 heads on, and now, i would bet the average torque and HP goes up along with the peak levels.

I'm using the SVO green tops, should be 52# at our pressure, and seeing 85% IDC at the highest point. So far i have not ran out of fuel pump, i'm betting i'm damn close, but haven't yet, so until i do I'll just put the money else where.....and hope i don't find out when the truck goes lean at 7200..... :banghead:

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that doesn't answer your question or show you something you'd like, let me know and i'll get a pic of what you want.

So with your set up your running the TB right on top of the intake......like a acufab for the cable drive trucks? If you are, I'd love to know how much HP you gained from going from an elbow to a direct mount. This is something i have been planning on testing, and putting a large amount of faith in that it may help carry me to the 11's. How did you run your intake tube/air filter? I was planning on running something simular to a carb hat with an intake tube coming from my volant box to the "hat"

I designed it already to work on the victor intake and be one piece. I was thinking of doing this one of two ways, either running the 1" plastic spacer under this or running the tb spacer pictured above on top of it to give me the needed height to clear the fuel rails with the TB motor.

In this picture(of my design) i left the hidden line of the victor jr inlet there just for a size ref. to what the 102mm tb looks like. The large circle(tb mounting side) is 102mm. The lower circle is the max size of the victor inlet. As you can see the 102mm is larger then the inlet of the victor jr., so i chose to cut a, an angle(for a smooth flow transition) to neck the spacer down to the max size of the victor inlet.

DSC02541.jpg

DSC02542.jpg

Yes, that is exactly how I did it. the only difference is that all of my vacuum ports are on the spacer. I can not tell you the power difference as I never did a before and after dyno comparison. If you lived closer, I would let you borrow it to see if it would net you any gains. I run the STS kit, and all I had to do was massage the pipes and they bolted right up, so no modification was needed. Here is an old pic of the set up. you can see how it all is set up. From my research this would help out in the higher RPM range and might cause some low end loss. but with your TC, I don't think you would loose anything and gain some top end.

This pic was from when I first got it running, in the middle of the night. I don't have any current ones but minus some cleaning up of the wiring, vacuum accessories, it still looks the same

gallery_4677_195_28257.jpg

thats exactly what i was thinking of running. I was thinking i could even machine a bottom plate that is the right size for the 102 tb on the bottom and make the top of the bottom plate the same as a filter for a carb set up. Like a 12" round K&N filter or something. Zippy came up with this and after we talked about it i designed this....here i thought we'd be the first.... :cheers:

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

vic jr intake

nw 102 tb

fabricated 102 elbow

TFS heads

cometic gaskets

yella terra rockers

TSP/lunati push rods

morel drop in lifters

TSP cam

e-water pump

e-fans

ls2 timing chain, stock gears

stock oil pump

stock fuel pump

stock exhaust pipes with magnaflow muffler

OBX headers

volant CAI with ram air

160 stat

28.7 tires

centerline rims

FLT level 7 trans

4500 circle d

Zippy tuning

msd wires

ls2 lifter trays

i think thats about it

Is that all?:pepsicheer:

that's nothing compared to his wish list::takealook:

Edited by SS Muscle Truck (see edit history)

thats exactly what i was thinking of running. I was thinking i could even machine a bottom plate that is the right size for the 102 tb on the bottom and make the top of the bottom plate the same as a filter for a carb set up. Like a 12" round K&N filter or something. Zippy came up with this and after we talked about it i designed this....here i thought we'd be the first.... :cheers:

That is a clean MAP/Purge set up, Intrested in making another one???

As long as your not in a rush, The MAP one takes a little longer because on the side you can't see, i make a bracket out of AL that clamps the MAP to the other bracket using socket heads. I didn't trust just the o-ring seal holding it in when its something that important. I have to get through this time peroid before the Nats, and have to make sure Wi_Joe's truck is running good, after that i can make a set.

underside of MAP

100_3390.jpg

100_3389.jpg

Purge

100_3394.jpg

As long as your not in a rush, The MAP one takes a little longer because on the side you can't see, i make a bracket out of AL that clamps the MAP to the other bracket using socket heads. I didn't trust just the o-ring seal holding it in when its something that important. I have to get through this time peroid before the Nats, and have to make sure Wi_Joe's truck is running good, after that i can make a set.

NO rush at all, take your time, and let me know when you are ready. Thanks

I think i've heard you say the stock pipes flow pretty well, and i truly believe in them. I'm still running the stock SSS exhaust pipes, but with a DI/DO magnaflow muffler welded in. There are a bunch of kits out there that i just don't think can flow the amount that the stock pipes can. I also have a theory on the stock tail pipe, and feel free to give your opinion. I "think" when the stock pipes merge into the single tail pipe this helps things, as compared to a dual set up out the back. I feel this single pipe at the end of flow, when the velocity is at its slowest, will help to speed up the velocity again. Can't prove it, but's an idea.

Brad

I agree with your statement alot, I used my brothers z71 that had all bolt ons with the Gibson Dual Extreme exhaust and it just wouldnt take off like the SS from a stop or highway. However comparing the Lq9 to the 5.3 their is obviously a difference.

More importantly, congrats on your times and number 1 in N/A times!

I have a new idol :pepsicheer::chevrolet:

vic jr intake

nw 102 tb

fabricated 102 elbow

TFS heads

cometic gaskets

yella terra rockers

TSP/lunati push rods

morel drop in lifters

TSP cam

e-water pump

e-fans

ls2 timing chain, stock gears

stock oil pump

stock fuel pump

stock exhaust pipes with magnaflow muffler

OBX headers

volant CAI with ram air

160 stat

28.7 tires

centerline rims

FLT level 7 trans

4500 circle d

Zippy tuning

msd wires

ls2 lifter trays

i think thats about it

Forgot about the wheels and tires and the hp stickers.