Would You Wait 45Min+ To Save 20Cents/Gallon

So there is a Gas Station in the parking lot of the Fred Myers in my home town (Fred Myers is a one stop shopping place in the North West owned by Kroger). If you have your Fred Myers rewards card you get 3 cents off/gallon. And each time you spend $100 at the store you can get 10cents off/gallon. You can also get the 10cents off a the local Shell stations, with the same card. ( shop for groceries there so I always have enough points to get the 10cent discount)

Well This weekend is Special because its founders day so there are sales all over the store, and if you fill up this weekend you get 20cents off/gallon.

I drove by on my lunch break and I bet there were 60 cars waiting, I noticed that there was a lifted F-350 at the end of one of the line. I went home, made lunch ate it and headed back to work, about 45 min later that same truck was just filling up (its slow in Oregon since we cant pump our own gas) :yellow_loser:

My Question is Would You Guys Wait That Long Just To Save 20cents/gallon?

I just filled up today and it cost $88 and if I would have filled up there it would have cost a whopping $84. Im sorry but my time is worth more than the $4 I would save.

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

No way would I wait in line. ut, then, I absolutely HATE waiting in lines. I always try to find the cheapest station that I can that has the gas I want but if they're packed, I'll go somewhere else. As you said, it only is a couple bucks per tank difference.

In Oregon you can't pump your own gas? NOPE I'd never wait that long btw...

Yep Oregon and New Jersey you cant pump your own gas. It sucks having to wait for someone to fill up your tank, escpecially after you spent a couple years somewhere you can pump your own gas, its so much nicer to do your own.

...its so much nicer to do your own.

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!! :dbanana:

And, NO, I wouldn't/couldn't wait that long to save $2-4 dollars on a fill-up. I really think the MAJORITY of drivers out there don't comprehend the savings, when it is 0.05 or even 0.20 cents cheeper (on a single fill-up). Now, if you could get that same price for 6 months to a year, then the savings start adding up. :thumbs:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!! :dbanana:

And, NO, I wouldn't/couldn't wait that long to save $2-4 dollars on a fill-up. I really think the MAJORITY of drivers out there don't comprehend the savings, when it is 0.05 or even 0.20 cents cheeper (on a single fill-up). Now, if you could get that same price for 6 months to a year, then the savings start adding up. :thumbs:

Exactly, most of those people in line already have the required fuel points to receive the 10cents off a gallon so really they are only saving and extra 10cents because of the special sale so thats really only an extra 2-3 dollars.

I fill up at Shell because I know its good gas and I get the 10cents off there too. I fill up twice a month 22 gallons worth which is a savings of $52 a year which is not a lot but it is savings. Of course if I droved a lot more I would save even more. and by filling up at Shell i dont have to wait

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

hells no. i hate waiting for anything so no i wouldn't wait. thats why i cant live in a big city. i will not wait more than 10-20 for a sit down dinner. time is the most important thing we have in life we can never get it back. but yet we waste so much of it :yellow_loser: :yellow_loser:

hells no. i hate waiting for anything so no i wouldn't wait. thats why i cant live in a big city. i will not wait more than 10-20 for a sit down dinner. time is the most important thing we have in life we can never get it back. but yet we waste so much of it :yellow_loser: :yellow_loser:

completely agree! This is why I wanna get out of L.A. I have always loved Oregon Dan. Hope to someday move up there.

completely agree! This is why I wanna get out of L.A. I have always loved Oregon Dan. Hope to someday move up there.

Oregon is a nice place, I missed it and ended up moving back. Where are you thinking about moving to in Oregon? It is such a large diverse area evry area in Oregon is different

I waited in line today 15 minutes at Sams, finally go to pull up and a lady comes in the exit and almost smashes my truck and steals my pump as I'm pulling up . I probably was a little mean and shouldn't have called her those names in front of everyone, but I was in the heat of the moment.

I waited in line today 15 minutes at Sams, finally go to pull up and a lady comes in the exit and almost smashes my truck and steals my pump as I'm pulling up . I probably was a little mean and shouldn't have called her those names in front of everyone, but I was in the heat of the moment.

No sounds like you should have called her those names :pepsicheer:

No sounds like you should have called her those names :pepsicheer:

I embarrassed my girl. Every person was staring at me by the time I stopped. I swear this fat hog was pushing 400. It might of been less, but she looked like Jabba the Hut.