Custom Systems

If I was doing it over, i should have just built the ducts in the rear panel thats glued to the back of the cab, then they would all have been carpeted together.

Maybe I rip it out and start over

Will look a lot cleaner, you should try to use the back panel webbing to fish the wires close to the terminals. What subs are you going to install?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will look a lot cleaner, you should try to use the back panel webbing to fish the wires close to the terminals. What subs are you going to install?

Ya I'm not to worried what it looks like. I could have built something custom to flush the amps in but I like to change gear often so that doesn't work when you build it to fit. The only person who sees it is me anyway.

I was happy just to get all the dynamat covered with carpet.

I'm thinking about x-types...not sure yet. My amp is got a fair bit of power at 1ohm. I was thinking about 10w6's like you have, I've built boxes before with them an they hit hard.

But cost from my wholesaler is a fair bit more then i can get other descent subs for.

I'd run hcca 10's if I had the money....big$$$

Edited by paulguy (see edit history)

I've done 10w6's without lifting the rear seat. The xtypes I think i can do too...but it's gonna be tight

They might have fit, but was the box the correct size for the sub. I'm very close to the specified .625 cu. ft. for my sealed downfiring box. I like the Alpine Type X 10 Swx-1043d, good choice.

I don't remember the last box exactly, if i was to guess I would say the box was about '1 to 1.25', which is enough for the w6's and x type;s which are about .65ft. A little dacron and it's close enough.

At least with the x-types, if I want more sound later on, I can run a bigger amp cuz they can handle twice as much power as the jl's.

I just cut a hole and fibreglass over the magnets. Course with jl, you need that 3/4" space over the vent hole on the back of the magnet.

But they're as deep as a w7, so I should just run those, but then I need a new amp for sure with the 3 ohm coils.

Edited by paulguy (see edit history)

Right on, I should be able to get the job done with two. How long have you been installing? You definitely know your shit. I've been since I was a teenager then became an electrician and still rockin out. This project is going to be my best, well thought out and a lot of customizing.

Edited by highvoltamps (see edit history)

I dont have to much done just kept it simple, its enough for me

0205b01c.jpg

29966ba4.jpg

SDC10071.jpg

100_0250.jpg

100_0251.jpg

100_0252.jpg

100_0253.jpg

100_0254.jpg

100_0255.jpg

100_0256.jpg

The sub is a 8" L7 it hits hard like I said it wont beat the block down but it will ring your ears in the cab. My dad owned a stereo shop from before I was born till my mid 20's so I have been around 180 plus DB systems and just want to have a clean SPL in the SS.

The install was done by another member here Travis (uncald4) he ownes Gig Harbor Auto Works

Right on, I should be able to get the job done with two. How long have you been installing? You definitely know your shit. I've been since I was a teenager then became an electrician and still rockin out. This project is going to be my best, well thought out and a lot of customizing.

I've been installing professionally for about 16 years, and working on my own stuff since the mid 80's.

Looks good so far

Nice McMahan, I like the SS in the backround of the screen. Is your screen name you last name? Mine is McMahon. Never seen it with the "an".

Yes it is. Ive seen it spelled a lot of diff ways, but have family also that spells it with a "on" go figure huh lol

I made the SS on the back ground with paint on my laptop and saved it to a SD card and put it in my head unit saved it as background ill attach it here for you if you want it

Untitled.jpg