One month mark and still smilling...

AlanR

Just passed the one month mark with my SS and I am very happy with my purchase. I have put 1200 miles on it, drive it 100+ MPH on the autobahn everyday, and still manage 14.7 MPG overall. I enjoy it more everyday…and it really gets some looks over here.

how do you do that (14.7)??? i sure cant  :P

This may be an early MPG look (only 1200 miles) because I babied it for the first 400-500 miles. I also do almost all of my driving on the highway....although it is never below 3000 RPM. :devil:

I also do almost all of my driving on the highway....although it is never below 3000 RPM. :devil:

Let's see.......if I'm at about 2200 @70mph - how fast do you drive? :uhoh:

I usually keep it between 90 - 110. I have a nice flat 14 mile stretch of autobahn between work and home that is 4 lanes wide that makes it real nice to open up. I have a neighbor with a Dodge Hemi that used to blow past me in my 454 SS on the way to work....he can't do that anymore. :cool:

how do you do that (14.7)??? i sure cant  :P

The ONLY way i would get that is that 14 mile road that was downhill both ways!!

:smash::smash:

Me, too. Seems like the instant I pass 75mph, the mileage plummets. Maybe because of the factory convertor over-temp programming??? Seriously thinking of removing my cats anyway, but this would make it financially worth it!

Mr. P. :)

Well he did say that he is in Deutchland and seeing how the average German does about 120-130 Mph I'd say he's actually not going very fast. AlanR where are you in Germany? I was in Kaiserslautern for two years (2000-2002). :flag:

Well he did say that he is in Deutchland and seeing how the average German does about 120-130 Mph I'd say he's actually not going very fast.  AlanR where are you in Germany? I was in Kaiserslautern for two years (2000-2002).  :flag:

LiveWire - I live in Kaiserslautern now - have been here for one year. You are right on the Germans...I have to compare my truck to US spec trucks for any kind of comparison. It is a little humbling to be rolling at about 110 and have an old BMW rock you as he goes by doing at least 140. I love it here, and this truck really feels comfortable to me at over 100, and it is not working too hard. :D

Archived