Ldogss

i know this has more than likely this has been talked about before but...i was thinking about the h/p rating on our thucks and on the 8.1,... had alittle free time at work and the brain cells got to bouncing off of each other and it sparked , if our truck came with the 8.1 i think we would fare better against the lighting...they would still have a weight advantage on us but the torque would be the same and we would only lose 15 hp to what we have stock now...and we have the same size engine capartment... i think we would be alot better of the line with 80 more pound feet of torque than we have...i know everyone on this site has probably thought about it ...like a 6 speed in the truck...as iam sure some of you would also...an i dont think the fuel mileage would be too bad as iam getting 12.4 now and ive seen some H/D been getting about 12...so i dont think it would be a bad choice if it came with the 8.1...what do yall think :cheers:

the 8.1 would be great power wise and easily could be bumped for more hp, but it would require the 4L85E used in the 3/4 ton suburbans and avalanche's. it would make for terrible fuel economy and worse handling. not really worth it to me.

Archived