Finished With The 2Nd And Last Light Upgrade...

Yeah my Low/High and fog lights are all 10000K HID's. If you want a near perfect match go with 8000K HID's. My 10K HID's are a close match.

What are you using for headlight bulbs? Are they HID's ?

After doing the swithcback turn signals, I noticed a difference in color between the stock headlight and the new marker lights and would like to match them up.

Thx

you can use the stock location from the 99-02 trucks/suvs for the floor lighting , the brackets are still there , i did this and tapped into the wire so you can dim them and turn them on with the switch on the stock dash .

another thing you can do is get a dome light from a tahoe for the rear passenger overhead that has lamps with buttons so they can use them as well , this is plug n play with the addition of a constant 12v source . i did that as well as adding the homelink in my overhead console that needed a 12v source .

i did hyper white for my interior bulbs since you actually need them to see , the rest of my interior is blue led ( all the factory gauges/a/c cluster radio etc) im adding a touchscreen nav from an escalade with the 6 disc in the lower cubby in the bottom of the center console like the escalade has stock and it will all be wired as stock with the addition of the lux amp to get more bass from the bose system.

you can also not add resistors to some of the trucks and get a electronic flasher relay for the earlier trucks depending if you truck uses the lm487 flasher it looks like this

94237-electronic-led-flasher-lm487.jpg

its located in the driverside knee area , near the ebrake and bcm , just turn on your hazards , unbolt your knee area lower dash cover and follow the relay click. that will determine what e-flasher you need , imo this is the right way to do it if you ever need to swap back its as simple as swapping bulbs.

Thanks man, you really helped me out! Looks like I know what I'm doing this weekend! As for the electronic flasher relay, that's great info! Should help out anyone out there who is looking at doing this! Even me if I ever need to replace the resistors.

you can use the stock location from the 99-02 trucks/suvs for the floor lighting , the brackets are still there , i did this and tapped into the wire so you can dim them and turn them on with the switch on the stock dash .

another thing you can do is get a dome light from a tahoe for the rear passenger overhead that has lamps with buttons so they can use them as well , this is plug n play with the addition of a constant 12v source . i did that as well as adding the homelink in my overhead console that needed a 12v source .

i did hyper white for my interior bulbs since you actually need them to see , the rest of my interior is blue led ( all the factory gauges/a/c cluster radio etc) im adding a touchscreen nav from an escalade with the 6 disc in the lower cubby in the bottom of the center console like the escalade has stock and it will all be wired as stock with the addition of the lux amp to get more bass from the bose system.

you can also not add resistors to some of the trucks and get a electronic flasher relay for the earlier trucks depending if you truck uses the lm487 flasher it looks like this

its located in the driverside knee area , near the ebrake and bcm , just turn on your hazards , unbolt your knee area lower dash cover and follow the relay click. that will determine what e-flasher you need , imo this is the right way to do it if you ever need to swap back its as simple as swapping bulbs.

• 3 weeks later...

No, not to all the LED bulbs just the one's that are designated turn signals. If you do not add the resistors to the turn signals you can experience "Hyper Flashing". You do not have to use resistors if your truck meets the requirements that Chase posted in reply # 26. This is what he said -you can also not add resistors to some of the trucks and get a electronic flasher relay for the earlier trucks depending if you truck uses the lm487 flasher it looks like this

its located in the driverside knee area , near the ebrake and bcm , just turn on your hazards , unbolt your knee area lower dash cover and follow the relay click. that will determine what e-flasher you need , imo this is the right way to do it if you ever need to swap back its as simple as swapping bulbs..

Do you have to add resistors to all the led bulbs? what happens if you dont

• 5 months later...

Good info!

I installed the eletronic flasher in my "04 and am still experiencing the "hyper flash. Initally, I bought towers that would not flash at all and was told the reverse polarity of the 3157/194 alternating flash was the issue. Bought the bulbs "specially wired" to accomodate the reverse polarity and now the hyper flash and constant on when the turn signal is activated.

Should I still have to use the resisitors with an electronic flasher? Puzzled.

Thanks!

Todd