Exhaust Build!

NoLimit

Alright I have pretty much everything ordered now. Little description of my truck for the most part right now it currently sits completely stock from what I can see, feel, and hear. It is a 2004 Silverado SS AWD. Right now I just ordered a set of Pacesetter LT's to go with what seems to be a very nice used Magnaflow setup from a local member here zachm89. This is what he has described to that I will be pickup this weekend; It consists of y pipe that connects to header collectors, manual cutout pipe that you can uncap when you want the exhaust to be extra loud, single 3.5" mandrel bent tubing into a large magnaflow muffler with a turn-down.I cant freaking wait to hear this when installed!!!!! Sucks it will be a couple weeks because I have to wait for the arrival of the Headers but will be just fine. Now I am waiting on some replys back from some of the local tuner guys on this site to see who will work best for me and can get me taken care of. I was told I need to get one after that so hopefully they can get me TUNED. I will also be adding the 77 Series K&N CAI System too. Then that will be all for now. Running out of money with this till I sell some firearms I have a buyer for just waiting on the funds and I will be rolling on the stereo install.

Stereo Plans: Double Din 7" wide screen GPS, DVD player, 2 kicker 12's w/ rear sub box to go under the bench, and wiring kit. I may be just going with 1 sub vs two so I have the money for the TUNE I need but not sure yet. I may just sell another gun, lol. We shall see! I am looking at $550.00 right now on the subs, amp, box, and wiring. If anyone knows of maybe a better deal or maybe a solid single setup that still puts out a nice amount of bass please let me know!!

When the parts arrive I am going to try and do most work myself so I will or can post pics of the process if anyone is interested I will definitely post before and after vids of the exhaust so we can all see the big difference it should make! If anyone has anything that i should consider during this maybe to take into consideration and so on please fill me in. Any other ideas would be welcome as well. I really cant wait to see how this turns out on both builds!

Alright I have pretty much everything ordered now. Little description of my truck for the most part right now it currently sits completely stock from what I can see, feel, and hear. It is a 2004 Silverado SS AWD. Right now I just ordered a set of Pacesetter LT's to go with what seems to be a very nice used Magnaflow setup from a local member here zachm89. This is what he has described to that I will be pickup this weekend; It consists of y pipe that connects to header collectors, manual cutout pipe that you can uncap when you want the exhaust to be extra loud, single 3.5" mandrel bent tubing into a large magnaflow muffler with a turn-down.I cant freaking wait to hear this when installed!!!!! Sucks it will be a couple weeks because I have to wait for the arrival of the Headers but will be just fine. Now I am waiting on some replys back from some of the local tuner guys on this site to see who will work best for me and can get me taken care of. I was told I need to get one after that so hopefully they can get me TUNED. I will also be adding the 77 Series K&N CAI System too. Then that will be all for now. Running out of money with this till I sell some firearms I have a buyer for just waiting on the funds and I will be rolling on the stereo install.

Stereo Plans: Double Din 7" wide screen GPS, DVD player, 2 kicker 12's w/ rear sub box to go under the bench, and wiring kit. I may be just going with 1 sub vs two so I have the money for the TUNE I need but not sure yet. I may just sell another gun, lol. We shall see! I am looking at $550.00 right now on the subs, amp, box, and wiring. If anyone knows of maybe a better deal or maybe a solid single setup that still puts out a nice amount of bass please let me know!!

When the parts arrive I am going to try and do most work myself so I will or can post pics of the process if anyone is interested I will definitely post before and after vids of the exhaust so we can all see the big difference it should make! If anyone has anything that i should consider during this maybe to take into consideration and so on please fill me in. Any other ideas would be welcome as well. I really cant wait to see how this turns out on both builds!

Cool deal. I assure you Zach's old exhaust setup is very nice.

I also have seen Zach's old setup and its nice and sounded great!

as far as tuning go with Zippy, I havent heard anything bad about him.

DON'T use Wheatley, you will regret it! He is a PITA to deal with. ask the guy your buying your exhaust from.

Edited by hottelsss (see edit history)

<br />I also have seen Zach's old setup and its nice and sounded great!<br />

as far as tuning go with Zippy, I havent heard anything bad about him.<br />

DON'T use Wheatley, you will regret it! He is a PITA to deal with. ask the guy your buying your exhaust from.<br />

This is a total matter of opinion. I have used both. And both of them gave me great results.

What ever you do don't got with any thing bigger than a 8" sub. There isn't enough space under the seat to achieve the airspace needed. I have had 2 12's 2 10's and now I have a single 8" solobarac L7 and it hits harder than my previous 2 set ups and don't plan on changing it

Thanks for the heads up McMahn on the subs. I am really still in the air as far as the subs go because of the price at this point so with that in mind maybe that will help me I am not sure. I guess I better keep looking. Plenty of time though with what I have going on right now. thanks for the info!

Thanks for the heads up McMahn on the subs. I am really still in the air as far as the subs go because of the price at this point so with that in mind maybe that will help me I am not sure. I guess I better keep looking. Plenty of time though with what I have going on right now. thanks for the info!

No problem glad I could give a little help. If you want just let me know and I can PM you some pics of my set up

What ever you do don't got with any thing bigger than a 8" sub. There isn't enough space under the seat to achieve the airspace needed. I have had 2 12's 2 10's and now I have a single 8" solobarac L7 and it hits harder than my previous 2 set ups and don't plan on changing it

thats not necessarily true...I had four 10's in my truck at one time and they all had plenty of air space. 8's will be a lot clearer of a sub for sure but you can get away with two 10s just as easily and have a bit more low bass. just depends on what you really want the system to sound like.

thats not necessarily true...I had four 10's in my truck at one time and they all had plenty of air space. 8's will be a lot clearer of a sub for sure but you can get away with two 10s just as easily and have a bit more low bass. just depends on what you really want the system to sound like.

Very true I just like clear sound, i guess im just old and set in my ways lol growing up in a stereo shop/ body shop/ machine shop ect.... i just got tired of hearing all bass from those dumb kids who put a million subs and dont do anything with the mids and highes.

I dont mean to be so opinionated or sound rude i think simple is best but thats just me

SRY guys :(