Cruise Control Isn'T Working...

What's up guys, so like the topic says my cruise control is not working at all. I've looked in the manual and checked the fuses and have found nothing wrong there. Is there another relay or anything else I could be missing? Thanks ahead of time.:confused:

The light isn't working but its because the actual cruise control isnt working.

Is it the light that is not working or cruise control its self? If its the cruise control its self I'm not sure what LEDs would have to do with that? I'm curious.

Make sure your brake lights are working and if LED's use resistors or LM487 electronic flasher. Also make sure there are no car audio wires are running close to the speed senor signal circuit, this will induce EMI and may cause erratic operation.

Make sure your brake lights are working and if LED's use resistors or LM487 electronic flasher. Also make sure there are no car audio wires are running close to the speed senor signal circuit, this will induce EMI and may cause erratic operation.

where is the speed sensor signal circuit?

Alrighty, I have no idea what causes this but i will let you in on what happened to me. I switched out all of my exterior lights to leds. My cruise stopped working.... i spent probably 2 hours troubleshooting and gave up. banghead.gif Then i got a re-tune, installed the new computer and it worked again. I hypothesize that some kind of signal was crossed and when i disconnected the battery and something, maybe the bcm reset itself. So... i would try disconnecting your battery for a little bit and see if that helps. confused.gif

Alrighty, I have no idea what causes this but i will let you in on what happened to me. I switched out all of my exterior lights to leds. My cruise stopped working.... i spent probably 2 hours troubleshooting and gave up. banghead.gif Then i got a re-tune, installed the new computer and it worked again. I hypothesize that some kind of signal was crossed and when i disconnected the battery and something, maybe the bcm reset itself. So... i would try disconnecting your battery for a little bit and see if that helps. confused.gif

mine hasnt been working for probably 2 years.. did work, then didnt ,then did, then quit.. i have no wires near that circuit either.

my interior lights are all LEDs..

my bumper lights are LEDs.. my brake lights WERE LEDs.. i took them out to troubleshoot..

i pulled my battery for 13 hours durring the motor swap.. and my cruise still doesnt work..oh i had resistors on all 4 lights.. now i only have them on the bumper lights in front (front turn signal bulbs are also LEDs on mine)

Now that you mention it, I did just replace me Red top with a NEW Yellow top battery. Maybe the BCM reset itself...? I'll give it a shot. Thanks man!

• 2 weeks later...