Cruise Control Isn'T Working...

I installed steering wheel LEDs and when its night and my headlights come on automatically the cruise stops. It may be if you have those and have disabled the auto turn on feature for your day time running lights. I dunno it could be a cause. Just some info.

• 1 month later...

i had the same problem and it ended up being water in my trailer light socket. The lid kept moisture in the socket causing a short. I just dried it out and put a couple of those silica packets that come in food and electonic packages. I think the water may have caused my cruise control to think i was hitting the brake.

• 2 months later...

This also happened to me...in the winter when i backed into a snow bank the input for trailer lights got full of snow and got wet...once i dried it out cruise worked again.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

I just had a very similar problem. The wiring harness got disconnected from the hitch plug. It got soaked in a snowstorm. I dried it out today and reconnected it and the cruise is working like a charm.