Raptor Et Time?

northernss

kinda curious to see how the new raptors are in a 1/4 mile run or has anyone raced one yet, had an interview at a ford dealer and the salesman said it would kill my ss all day long at the track.....any truth to this?

I have raced one and blew its doors off, now off road is another story but in the 1/4 they don't stand a chance unless its been mildly modded

Tell the salesman to line up with you and to put his money where his mouth is LOL

I have raced one and blew its doors off, now off road is another story but in the 1/4 they don't stand a chance unless its been mildly modded

Tell the salesman to line up with you and to put his money where his mouth is LOL

Same story here- Neighbor has one (mind you, he's been thru a 5.6 Titan, a Hemi Ram, and a 5.7 Tundra; Each truck he's announced hob badly he was going to walk my truck...) I've donkey-punched his Craptor at least 3 times int the last 8 months, and if memory serves, I think the red truck has actually moved about 4 times in that time period. :lol:

They are SLOW!!!

The SVT supercharged ones only run low 14's. Stock Raptors are high 15's to low 16's.

They ride like hell on the road too.

My neighbors brother is a lead tech at a Ford dealership and brought it over. From a roll it looked like he was in 5th gear at 30mph and tried taking off. When we went from a dig, by the time I hit 60 he was 2 truck lenghts behind me and let off at 80 and he was about 3 and a half.

I was readin on their forum that they are bending thier frames when they hit multiple bumps and load the suspension or heat the shocks...and some are not the 'good' ones with the hurricane motor in it, they are just tuned 5.4's in the first year ones.

Guys are buying them and sending them stright to the local perf shop to 1. procharge 2nd was getting turbo's.

Would like to see an eco boost one.

My buddy works for US Border Patrol in AZ and he patrols in one, he loves it, but keep in mind hes in the desert all day with it, he said its fun in the dunes and it catches air rather easily...so I guess they are good if used what they are built for. Edit:He says its better than the lifted Tahoes they have, and hes not biased as his DD is a lifted Tundra.

Edited by GreenMtnSS (see edit history)

<br />My buddy works for US Border Patrol in AZ and he patrols in one, he loves it, but keep in mind hes in the desert all day with it, he said its fun in the dunes and it catches air rather easily...so I guess they are good if used what they are built for. Edit:He says its better than the lifted Tahoes they have, and hes not biased as his DD is a lifted Tundra.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

If I am not mistaken those Raptors have Fox Racing shocks on then and are built for off road use where as the Tahoe probably just has a lift kit and basic shocks.

I did see the Raptor on Top Gear and Tanner flogged it pretty good but I think he must have had the top of the line version.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

They are SLOW!!!

The SVT supercharged ones only run low 14's. Stock Raptors are high 15's to low 16's.

They ride like hell on the road too.

My neighbors brother is a lead tech at a Ford dealership and brought it over. From a roll it looked like he was in 5th gear at 30mph and tried taking off. When we went from a dig, by the time I hit 60 he was 2 truck lenghts behind me and let off at 80 and he was about 3 and a half.

this........those things r soooooogreddy.gifgreddy.gifgreddy.gifgreddy.gif

Guys so last night I lent my truck to my broskis to go cruising....so I am hanging out with a girl you know, then I get a phone call with my bro saying "guess what we raced? You have been wanting to race one.." So I yell a RAPTOR... my bro says " yes sir, got him at a red light... then we took off and got him by a little more than a truck length." Then my bro said the guy gave him a thumbs up!