Oil Leak

My truck has a slow oil leak. I installed ASM headers myself and had a tranny shop install a new TQ and do some tranny mods. they pulled the tranny twice. Since I got the truck back, I have noticed an oil leak that appears to be coming from directly above the oil filter. It looks like it may be an a gasket issue with the oil cooler.

Has anyone seen a similar problem? Could the improper installation of one of these mods have easily caused this problem? How difficult would it be to change such a gasket? It is a 2004 and I am thinking the dealer won't honor the warranty with those headers on.

Please advise. Thank you much in advance.

Jeff

I have noticed a spot on my garage floor and it appears to be coming from either the filter or right above the filter. I am changing my oil tomorrow or thursday and will take a better look then. Haven't noticed any loss on the dipstick though.

If it is where the cooling lines going to the rad are coming out, try tightening the bolts a little. The gasket is a o-ring type, just like the water pump ones, and there shouldn't be anything wrong with it. If it is, it would take about 5min to replace.

Archived