radical downshift

I was pulling out of a intersection and stood on it hard. It went through the gears normal and i let off a little and it downshifted and my engine went sceaming. :wtf: I have no idea why it downshifted like that. This only happened once. Did anybody else ever have this happen ?????

Mine did something I never saw before. Last night I was pulling out from a stop sign and jumped on it. The thing revved over 6k before it stuttered like it hit a rev limiter. This was between the 1-2 shift.

I have a Volant CAI, Magnaflow muffler, and PCMFORLESS tune.

Its happened a couple of times to me. Happened one time while I was racing some guy.... I think it scared him more than me cuz the engine redlined and the exhaust was making a helluva sound! I can't seem to figure out what causes it, but it seems like the accelerator is stuck in 'hold-on-to-yer-ass' mode.... asked the dealer and they didn't have a clue either. :confused:

Mine did something I never saw before. Last night I was pulling out from a stop sign and jumped on it. The thing revved over 6k before it stuttered like it hit a rev limiter. This was between the 1-2 shift.

I have a Volant CAI, Magnaflow muffler, and PCMFORLESS tune.

i had the same problem...what might have happened is that the calibration for the software in the PCM you have wasn't the latest and greatest. i would go to your local dealer and have them reflash the PCM...then send that PCM out to PCMforless and have bryan tune that one for you.

i haven't had the problem since mine was reflashed with the latest updates.

this issue is normally caused by a sticking shift solenoid or a pressure control solenoid/motor not operating quickly enough. unfortunatly, it's rather dificult to fix since the issue rarely happens. quite often this doesn't happen after a shift kit.

this issue is normally caused by a sticking shift solenoid or a pressure control solenoid/motor not operating quickly enough. unfortunatly, it's rather dificult to fix since the issue rarely happens. quite often this doesn't happen after a shift kit.

So your saying the trans cannot keep up with the high speed revving of the engine?

So your saying the trans cannot keep up with the high speed revving of the engine?

occasionally the computer can't keep up, but quite often this is from a pressure issue. more pressure makes things respond much quicker.

occasionally the computer can't keep up, but quite often this is from a pressure issue. more pressure makes things respond much quicker.

Shouldn't the PCMFORLESS tune address this? I know he upped the line pressures...

raising the line pressure through programming helps, but it's nothing near as good as a true shift kit.

exactly. The shifts after the kit are much firmer and quicker, even with stock line pressure settings in the program.

Archived