towing mode for performance

my 04 SSS has a towing package,when you engage it, the shifts seem firmer and later ,is this my imagination or would this help as far as performance goes,Dan

Only at part throttle, when you look into what the engine management system is doing, it actually should be a touch faster without the perf mode on... due to shift points and torque converter settings.

From what I understand, the only settings affected by the tow/haul (performance) setting are the tranny settings (shift points, etc), but I am willing to be wrong on this.

Exactly, TC lock-up, shift times, shift speeds, and shift rpm's are different between the modes.

On a stock truck, normal mode is faster in the 1320' than Tow/Haul mode.

From what I understand, the only settings affected by the tow/haul (performance) setting are the tranny settings (shift points, etc), but I am willing to be wrong on this.

Exactly, TC lock-up, shift times, shift speeds, and shift rpm's are different between the modes.

On a stock truck, normal mode is faster in the 1320' than Tow/Haul mode.

And don't forget Upshift Torque Reduction. (same between normal and tow modes on stock tune)

The stock tune shifts 400rpm sooner on the 1-2 in tow mode at WOT. Definitely slower than normal mode in a race... :rolleyes:

Archived