AWD in the Snow

Foster

Living in the north, reveals the SS's most useful feature for myself. AWD! .. Gotta love it when you can drive through a foot or more of snow. Nothing put a smile on my face this winter quicker then a fresh dump of snow to go play in.

The main reason I bought an SS over the other manufactures sport trucks was for it's winter capabilities. So sorry you folks in the south don't get to play in the snow.

Sorry .. I was referring to the past winter. I live close to Toronto and our summers are pretty warm. (I ride a bike from May to October)

But I do remember playin in a baseball tournament a few years back in July in the town of Timmins ( incidently Shania Twain's hometown) and it started snowing. (about 7 hours north of Toronto) . too much even for this northern boy!

I wasn't impressed with my SS in the winter.. Living in Minnesota I have owned 7 4 wheel drives and the SS has the poorest performance. It does well in a straight line but cornering it would drift and loose traction. I'm going to 16-17" wheels with all season tires this comiing winter.

yes, but nobody seems to want to race when its raining...

Very interesting observation. I wonder why? I'll look it up on Google and get back to you with an answer as soon as I have some time. :jester:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived