Running Boards

Foster

:chevy: Anyone seen an SS with running boards. I am interested in putting on a set but don't want to wreck the look of my baby. I have a victory red model with black hard tonneau cover and black wind deflector and black LineX over the rail coating and I was thinking of installing some black tubes so my old and feable dad can get in easier.

I have heard & noticed that the black running boards chip away and start rustin quickly. But I also know some guys that got their running boards coated in LineX /Rhino lining stuff and they look brand new after 3 years.

Anyone got pics of SS with running boards?

Running boards? That's one mod I have yet to see anyone do. Would have to see it to give an honest opinion but I don't think they would look good on an SS. If you really need the step try the pipes. Chrome looks better in my opinion but it sounds like you've got a red & black theme going on so the black ones might be o.k. Post some pics of whatever you decide. :chevy:

Thanks all. I did find an even better picture of an SS with chrome nerf bars in the forum Pics section under "Rhino nerf bars" http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...showtopic=2106) And not to say that Lee's SS aint sweet .. just hard for me to see the nerf bars with the angle of his pics.

Still .., I would prefer to see an SS with black bars before I buy. Chow now.

Yes, I do prefer the chrome look. The Rhino Bars come in Black also, just be ready when it comes to the installation. I have seen true running boards for Silverado's but would be wary of them because of our "unique" body panels.

Archived