Dynatech Lt'S Vs Arh Lt'S

Guest JasonHensley22

Guest JasonHensley22

So it's time for me to start narrowing down my choices on headers with hi-flows. I have come down to two choices, either Dynatech or American Racing. Here are my thoughts on them:

Dynatech pros: Can come coated, highly recommended

Dynatech cons: Have heard they sound very raspy with my Corsa Sport?. 2.5" collectors and intermediates (smaller than ARH's)

ARH pros: 3" collectors and intermediates

ARH cons: Would have to find local place to coat. Have to fab a new pipe to connect to my Corsa Y Pipe (The Dynatechs flange down at the end of the driver-side intermediate pipe to fit a stock exhaust Y pipe, and the Corsa's Y pipe flanges down there as well to fit a stock intermediate pipe, so both flanges would need to be cut and a 3" pipe would need to be welded in, causing more ass-pain)

So I want to get ya'lls opinion on the matter.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Dynatechs are you looking at? The OBX with hollowed cats or the Supermaxx system? The OBX are considerably less cheaper than the Supermaxx.......with that being said the ARH are a much better choice even though they cost just a little bit more than the Dynatech Supermaxx. However the ARH have 3inch collectors like you stated and compared to Dynatechs 2.5 collectors its a no brainer to purchase the ARH even with them being more $$, but worth every penny in my opinion.

Here is a clip of the dynatech supermaxx's that I was planning on getting but when ARH came out I changed my mind from one members build project and he pointed out the 3inch collectors to me

You can find a clip of 1stimessguy's truck where he has a Corsa Touring system with ARH LTs on the main page on the site.

ARH would be my choice without hesitation even if they do need to be coated.

Happy modding :chevrolet:

Guest JasonHensley22

What Dynatechs are you looking at? The OBX with hollowed cats or the Supermaxx system? The OBX are considerably less cheaper than the Supermaxx.......with that being said the ARH are a much better choice even though they cost just a little bit more than the Dynatech Supermaxx. However the ARH have 3inch collectors like you stated and compared to Dynatechs 2.5 collectors its a no brainer to purchase the ARH even with them being more $$, but worth every penny in my opinion.

Here is a clip of the dynatech supermaxx's that I was planning on getting but when ARH came out I changed my mind from one members build project and he pointed out the 3inch collectors to me

You can find a clip of 1stimessguy's truck where he has a Corsa Touring system with ARH LTs on the main page on the site.

ARH would be my choice without hesitation even if they do need to be coated.

Happy modding :chevrolet:

I was looking at the Supermaxx system, I want cats to keep the noise down a bit. And the ARH's are only a little bit more money, and cost really isn't a concern for me.

Now that clip with the Dynatechs sounded really good! I like how it was deep and not deafening loud too.

I love the sound of that setup also, however with the corsa sport that would be a cop magnet where i live so I have to go the touring route. And will be with the ARH LTs. The cops set up my buddy over here in MA, he had a court date for his window tints. And when he pulled into the court parking lot they were hiding for him in a little corner tucked away in the parking lot. My buddy pulled in, got out of his car and the cops then rolled up on him and gave him a ticket for his exhaust exceeding the decibal limit. They made him miss his court date. I guess power and ego gets to them very easily.

If I obtain or purchase a 2nd vehicle though, I would consider the corsa sport as it wouldnt be driven much (the SS), so cops would not see it. Also could just slap on a Valentine 1 Radar and no problems at all. They have never failed me.

Guest JasonHensley22

Cops up here don't seem to be a problem, in fact I break quite a few rules outside of the normal fast driving. I scrapped the inspection sticker off the windshield because, well because I didn't like it being there I guess. Also on my back license plate you're supposed to put the registration stickers on there, but I decided I didn't want to do that either (but keep them in my glove box just in case...).

But with the exhaust, do you think the ARHs will be quite a bit louder than the Dynatechs?

I think you would be really happy with either setup IMO, your only problem I foresee is getting them coated up here might be a trick? I don't know anyone that does ceramic coating in AK but I might be wrong? If you know of anyone that would be great!

Guest JasonHensley22

I think you would be really happy with either setup IMO, your only problem I foresee is getting them coated up here might be a trick? I don't know anyone that does ceramic coating in AK but I might be wrong? If you know of anyone that would be great!

I figured you would know! Did I find something the great Matt* can't do!? Lol, i'll look into it though, make some calls

I figured you would know! Did I find something the great Matt* can't do!? Lol, i'll look into it though, make some calls

Yeah it would be great to know if there is anyone up here that can do it. I've just never had too have anything done. Everything I've bought is usually pre- ceramic coated. One thing to be very carfull with is the factory exhaust bolts breaking off in the head, about every one of these engines I have worked on at least one has broken off it seems like due to crappy bolts GM used. Definitely soak the original manifold bolts in some type of penetrating oil before trying to remove a couple days in advance and a couple times just to be sure.

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

Here are some clips of ARH and corsa touring, so the sport will be a little louder.

[/url]

http://www.silverado...40-ss-corsalts/

http://www.silverado...-ss-sound-clip/

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/videos/view-38-ss-0-70-ish/

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Guest JasonHensley22

Thats good advice Matt*, i'll have to make a note of that. 03mass i've seen those clips in the video section and although they sound good, the sport seems to be a lot louder, but they do sound like they flow pretty good.

Whichever exhaust I decide to get I will try and if it seems too loud then i'll find a Corsa touring muffler and swap them out.

Edited by JasonHensley22 (see edit history)

If you wind up going the touring route, please keep me in mind for your corsa sport. I would love to get my hands on one (I want to keep the stock pipes and just slap the muffler on.

Im sure whatever way you choose to go, you will be happy. I would suggest when you get the LTs on to put the stickers on your tags just to abide by the law, unless the cops are really cool up their and look for troublemakers, not some loud truck. :pepsicheer::chevrolet:

Guest JasonHensley22

If you wind up going the touring route, please keep me in mind for your corsa sport. I would love to get my hands on one (I want to keep the stock pipes and just slap the muffler on.

Im sure whatever way you choose to go, you will be happy. I would suggest when you get the LTs on to put the stickers on your tags just to abide by the law, unless the cops are really cool up their and look for troublemakers, not some loud truck. :pepsicheer::chevrolet:

I made a note of it in my exhaust section I have written :thumbs:, you'll be the first to know.

Id go the touring route whit the ARH's (FYI You can stick hi-flow cats on any exhaust system as long as you have enough room, my LPP long tubes didnt come whit them but 30 minutes at an exhaust shop and now i have hi-flow cats)

If its not loud enough then get a cutout. :)

Edited by NTMD8R_SS (see edit history)

Guest JasonHensley22

Id go the touring route whit the ARH's (FYI You can stick hi-flow cats on any exhaust system as long as you have enough room, my LPP long tubes didnt come whit them but 30 minutes at an exhaust shop and now i have hi-flow cats)

If its not loud enough then get a cutout. :)

Yeah we'll see, I already have the Corsa Sport so i'll see how I like it for a while and then make the decision. The ARH and Dynatech headers both have intermediates with hi-flows in them so i'm not worried about that.