Dynatech Lt'S Vs Arh Lt'S

Guest JasonHensley22

do you know of anyone in the KC Area that will do a header install. I was looking at pacesetters and relocating the Cats.

No I did not...I don't mind a little "bluing" from heat...

Sorry I sis not get my truck back last night. They are telling me today now.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jason, this is the way I see it. If you coat them, you might have temps under your hood a little cooler. I dont have experience in LTs so if I am wrong, someone please correct me. Dont forget a 160 stat will also make your engine run cooler, but I doubt that will change the uncoated headers turning the blueish color. If appearance is a big thing for you, coat them. If not, just flip a penny and start modding bud! :chevrolet:

Also another thing to take into consideration is how long you plan on owning the truck. If you plan on selling it a couple years down the line I wouldnt coat them. If you plan on keeping it a long time, I personally would want the LTs to look great in 20 years therefore I would coat them. Now go get your lucky coin, flip it and make that LQ9 breathe better :pepsicheer:

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Guest JasonHensley22

Jason, this is the way I see it. If you coat them, you might have temps under your hood a little cooler. I dont have experience in LTs so if I am wrong, someone please correct me. Dont forget a 160 stat will also make your engine run cooler, but I doubt that will change the uncoated headers turning the blueish color. If appearance is a big thing for you, coat them. If not, just flip a penny and start modding bud! :chevrolet:

Also another thing to take into consideration is how long you plan on owning the truck. If you plan on selling it a couple years down the line I wouldnt coat them. If you plan on keeping it a long time, I personally would want the LTs to look great in 20 years therefore I would coat them. Now go get your lucky coin, flip it and make that LQ9 breathe better :pepsicheer:

Haha thanks bud! Yeah I reckon i'll get 'em coated.

BTW, if you have your midpiping coated be sure to either not have the slip joints coated OR you take them to an exhaust shop and have them spread apart slightly. The extra build up from the coating will not allow the joints to slip together and then slide on a clamp. I fought this for over an hour and finally said piss on it and took them to an exhaust shop to have them them spread apart. They fit perfect.

Also im going to assume you still have the factory bracket that bolts to the side of the transmission case for the exhaust hangers?? If you dont you better be looking for one. I and many others made this mistake of throwing this out with other exhaust setups then come to find out you have to have it for the ARH mid piping hangers.

Love this part.... I'm over there fabbing brackets and making parts at the bench in Brian's garage and he is screaming and yelling at a slip fit connection under the truck..LMFAO...

I'm thinking to myself I'm over here making parts and he is just slipping shit together...why is he yelling??? LOL

Guest JasonHensley22

Love this part.... I'm over there fabbing brackets and making parts at the bench in Brian's garage and he is screaming and yelling at a slip fit connection under the truck..LMFAO...

I'm thinking to myself I'm over here making parts and he is just slipping shit together...why is he yelling??? LOL

Haha! Thats too funny, on your part of course, not for Brian lol.

FYI after a certain number of heat cycles the coating will turn dull and within 5-10 years they will flake...

Edited by Sprayed99 (see edit history)

:banghead:

lol, if your worried about that you are thinking way to hard. Just bolt em together and go, something as small as that isnt gonna make or break what your trying to do.

iamwithstupid.gif This is what I was telling you Jason lol!

I run ARH & Corsa Touring and love it; the truck is no louder than stock at idle, but definitely 'uncorked' when at WOT - after I added the blower the WOT volume outside the truck became loud. as. f**k. No joke, you can hear the truck WOT 3/4 mile away; with the Corsa Sport I have heard BroBrad's truck during on-the-road testing over a mile away. But normal street driving the Corsa sounds just the same as before the header install, the ARH just 'magnifies' the WOT volume lol. The only exhaust I have heard that is louder are the SLP Loudmouth setups for the late-model Mustangs. You definitely want the 3" collectors though.

Mr. P. :)