Dynatech Lt'S Vs Arh Lt'S

Guest JasonHensley22

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JasonHensley22

FYI, call ARH and discuss the coating for their headers. They don't recommend it and told me it was unnecessary. In their own words "You really won't gain anything, unless you're going for a certain look or finish".

I know coating the stainless steel isn't necessary but for the finish long-term it's a good idea.

If you ask, you can request your ARH piping be sent to Jet-Hot for coating then shipped to you when done. This process obviously takes longer but you get them coated either way and dont have to mess with finding someone else. I found this out when I ordered my pipes and asked if they do coating and he offered me that route. I declined and got them coated local.

Here are the only videos I have of my 1 7/8s catless ARH into Corsa Sport. You can see I have my exit pipe dumped after the axle as I do not like the look of the side exit.

The night I fired it up with the new blower/cam set up

WOT blower only

th_MOV03186.jpg

BTW, this was the pull right before the pull with blower/nitrous that grenaded my tranny :banghead::rolleyes:

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

Guest JasonHensley22

If you ask, you can request your ARH piping be sent to Jet-Hot for coating then shipped to you when done. This process obviously takes longer but you get them coated either way and dont have to mess with finding someone else. I found this out when I ordered my pipes and asked if they do coating and he offered me that route. I declined and got them coated local.

Here are the only videos I have of my 1 7/8s catless ARH into Corsa Sport. You can see I have my exit pipe dumped after the axle as I do not like the look of the side exit.

The night I fired it up with the new blower/cam set up

BTW, this was the pull right before the pull with blower/nitrous that grenaded my tranny :banghead::rolleyes:

AH HAH! Well there is my answer then, ARH all the way, it still sucks that i'm going to have to fab an extra piece of 3" tubing to delete those flanges but it'll be worth it! Thank you for the Jet-Hot info!

BTW, if you have your midpiping coated be sure to either not have the slip joints coated OR you take them to an exhaust shop and have them spread apart slightly. The extra build up from the coating will not allow the joints to slip together and then slide on a clamp. I fought this for over an hour and finally said piss on it and took them to an exhaust shop to have them them spread apart. They fit perfect.

Also im going to assume you still have the factory bracket that bolts to the side of the transmission case for the exhaust hangers?? If you dont you better be looking for one. I and many others made this mistake of throwing this out with other exhaust setups then come to find out you have to have it for the ARH mid piping hangers.

Guest JasonHensley22

Im still not understaning why your Corsa wont bolt to the ARH mid piping??

Well see it will bolt up but where the 2 pipes meet it will flange down to 2-1/2 inches and I don't want my full 3" system to bottle up there.

And Zachm89 I don't know what your talking about... the exhaust is for my 6.0 SS, not a 5.3

I still don't know about the coating, I e-mailed ARH and they told me about the Jet-Hot coating but they said it will peel over time and wear off, they don't seem to recommend it.

Well see it will bolt up but where the 2 pipes meet it will flange down to 2-1/2 inches and I don't want my full 3" system to bottle up there.

And Zachm89 I don't know what your talking about... the exhaust is for my 6.0 SS, not a 5.3

I still don't know about the coating, I e-mailed ARH and they told me about the Jet-Hot coating but they said it will peel over time and wear off, they don't seem to recommend it.

You are thinking way to hard into this. If you want them coated, coat them. Many have done it as well as myself.

And im still not understanding your 2 1/2 to 3 is coming from. ARH and Corsa are both 3 inch exhaust and bolt right together.

Guest JasonHensley22

You are thinking way to hard into this. If you want them coated, coat them. Many have done it as well as myself.

And im still not understanding your 2 1/2 to 3 is coming from. ARH and Corsa are both 3 inch exhaust and bolt right together.

I'm not thinking hard i'm getting 2 completely different answers from people so i'm trying to gather a consensus.

In regards to the bottling, i'll show you some pictures. This is the ARH system, note on the end of the intermediate pipe in the front of the picture, at the end it has a flange to bolt/weld up to a stock exhaust Y pipe:

post-22957-083875900 1314792681_thumb.jpg

Now if you look at the Corsa's Y pipe, it flanges down at the same point where that intermediate pipe meets the Y pipe. Both systems are 3" full and I do not want those flanges to bottle up my exhaust, so i'll cut them and weld in a 3" pipe:

post-22957-090206600 1314792768_thumb.jpg

I'm not thinking hard i'm getting 2 completely different answers from people so i'm trying to gather a consensus.

In regards to the bottling, i'll show you some pictures. This is the ARH system, note on the end of the intermediate pipe in the front of the picture, at the end it has a flange to bolt/weld up to a stock exhaust Y pipe:

Now if you look at the Corsa's Y pipe, it flanges down at the same point where that intermediate pipe meets the Y pipe. Both systems are 3" full and I do not want those flanges to bottle up my exhaust, so i'll cut them and weld in a 3" pipe:

lol, if your worried about that you are thinking way to hard. Just bolt em together and go, something as small as that isnt gonna make or break what your trying to do.

Guest JasonHensley22

No I did not...I don't mind a little "bluing" from heat...

Sorry I sis not get my truck back last night. They are telling me today now.

No worries, i'm still back and forth on the coating lol