Big Reds Build (Take 2)

kcsilveradoss

So quite a few of you saw my other "build". http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61726. I got the trans built, converter in, and blower on, and was very please with the results. I had planned on fine tuning the setup but never got the chance when opportunity struck. Last night I got my hands on a F1R procharger head unit and plan on piecing a kit together. I have a spare 6.0 motor that i plan on going forged with to handle a couple pounds of boost. If anyone has experience in these setups that wants to recommend crank/cam/heads etc. that will compliment the top end, I am all ears.bigear.gif I will update this as I gather parts, anyone who has anything for sale feel free to send me a PM. Here is a pic of the cute little F1r.

prochargerF1R.jpg

criticism and comments welcome

Edited by kcsilveradoss (see edit history)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are really plannin on doing a build Shaun, and I hope you are, do it right and don't be scared to throw down a little bit of money to do it right.

My advice:

Seeing as how you want to do a forced induction setup and have an extra block, bore and machine the block and build a stroker. I personally like Callies for a crank and rods, forged of course. For pistons, a nice set of Diamonds or JE wouldn't be too bad. You could drop like 2 grand on a set of Trick Flow's or just do a P&P job on the 317's you already have for less than half of a set of new heads. They flow great and are awesome for boost anyway. You'll wanna build the motor to have somewhere between 9 and 9.5:1 c/r. I would also get a custom ground cam (call Mike) for your application. Upgrade the stock intake and tb and get a good set of headers too. I would ditch the A2A cooling system too with that blower. It doesn't cool as well as a water cooled setup. Not sure how well your trans is built and with what, but if you haven't done the clutches, drum, band, sprag, shafts, servos, and all the other goodies, I would do that too so you don't break down on the road or at the track.

Good luck on the build though homeslice. I'll be keeping an eye on this one, and when I get my phone back, I'm sure I'll be hearing from you about it. At least now I know why your selling the radix too.

Thought I would add this pic I took today so that people out of "the know" like myself can get an idea of how large this thing is. I almost pissed myself laughing after I took the pics, this thing is just ridiculously huge.

prochargersizecomparo.jpg