Gm Reveils Zl1 Horsepower

diggerdan11

Guest JasonHensley22

For GM's sake I really hope that this car can do more than just make useless power... Unless they are saving those mods for a Z/28 prep track car.

Yeah i'm surprised GM won't release the Z/28 Camaro this year to start competing with the GT350 Mustang. This ZL1 is an obvious attack at the GT500 and Dodge Charger but in the article is says Ford has a Mustang coming out with at least 600 HP, i'm guessing thats got to be an even bigger GT 500? I love this new era of muscle cars

Yeah i'm surprised GM won't release the Z/28 Camaro this year to start competing with the GT350 Mustang. This ZL1 is an obvious attack at the GT500 and Dodge Charger but in the article is says Ford has a Mustang coming out with at least 600 HP, i'm guessing thats got to be an even bigger GT 500? I love this new era of muscle cars

I love it also........I would love it more if i could afford one

It's not so much an attack at the Mustang as it is an attack at the aftermarket. It seems like 25% or so of the SS Camaro's built have had a Magnacharger, Edelbrock, Harrop, or GMPP LS9 blower. All based on the TVS2300 series from Eaton. I know they only picked the LSA because it's a ton cheaper than the LS9, but they should have used the 2.3L blower still. Either way this is GM's way of getting there share of money that others are spending on aftermarket parts to do the same thing. A ton of dealers are doing their own like the Baldwin Motion, Berger, Yenko, etc and they are nothing more than a stock Camaro with a Magnacharger on them with ZL1 pricing or worse. I've seen the ZL1 in person and they really did a nice job with this one other than the fact that it weighs about the same as my truck does. I don't expect to see a Z28 and if they do it's going to be one extreme or another. They will either make a stripped down SS to make the Z28 as they did in the past or put a LS9 in the car completely stripped for GMPP to compete with the V10 Challenger and Cobra Jet Mustang. Right now GM has nothing in that class.