Trailblazer TQ. Converter

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the converter for an 03' trailblazer was previously different for 2wd and 4wd. i don't recall the first part number for the 03' 4wd, but it went to the 24213391 and then on to 24228708 which now covers two years and both 2wd and 4wd. the 24213391 number is now good for a silverado/sierra with a 4.3. as far as i can see all of the trailblazer converters are now a 10.5 inch, but i'll have to measure the one we stock to be sure. part number supersessions/changes/swaps, etc. are almost a daily thing for gm.

My local parts guy says the 24213391 is for an 03 G-Van and 99-03 Silverado, both with a 4.3L.

With that said, which would be the recommended converter for my needs/application. I would suspect there are differences between the converters???

Dan

all of the converters listed are for 4.2's. the 24213391 at one time was for both. 24213392 is the converter number for a 4.8. they will stall a bit higher behind a 5.3, but not as much. the newer one's use the same converter for 4.8 and 5.3. the 24228708 is likely the one you're looking for.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Trailblazer Tq Converter in my truck and it really work nice. Just what I was looking for. It took the 150 - 200 foot lag out of it and the average person wouldn't know the difference from stock when driving normal from stop to stop. When I nail it from a stop it flashes to 2800 which I think is perfect for me. A great economical solution.

Thanks for all the help zippy.

How much did it run you if you don't mind me asking?

I really rather not say because I know the parts mgr. quite well and my son works at the dealership :nono: . It's probably close to or better than half the price of a Yank or TCI.

GMPartsDirect.com has it listed for $282.34, which is $212.99 off the list price. $282.34 is the cost to GMPartsDirect.com (as well as to any dealership, AFAIK), but there is a core charge of $100 on top of that. I've heard that some dealerships can either get away without a core charge, or have enough cores just laying around that they can send one of those in, and not have to pay the extra hundred bucks.

If you go through GMPartsDirect.com, you will pay $282.34, plus $100 core, plus $56.47 for shipping (this is how GMPartsDirect.com makes their money - they are actually the mail-order arm of a dealership), or $438.81 total. Or you can make friends with someone at a dealership and then who knows.... :D

How much did it run you if you don't mind me asking?

I really rather not say because I know the parts mgr. quite well and my son works at the dealership :nono: . It's probably close to or better than half the price of a Yank or TCI.

i'm sure it was a god deal then. :D:chevy:

• 2 months later...

Zippy i think i fried my gearbox with installing the shiftkit, (oil burny and black :banghead: ) so i bring my trans to a shop i found overhere. With the trans out i can change the tc verry easy :happysad: . So do you think i can use the trailblazer tc too? i have the vortech with intercooler installed.

Archived