a cool 240 buildup

vette dude

Ya got to admire the attention to detail, and the determination of this restorer.... but it's still a pocket rocket to me. Not my cup of tea. I'm more of a muscle car era kind of guy.

Quality of the restoration is top notch though!

:thumbs:

Yeah those wheels are ugly, and too heavy....shoot he prolly lost .0000000124 of a second in the quarter cuz of that extra .0012 lbs on the wheels....he should put some plastic valve stem caps on there too, those chrome ones add alot of weight as well, in fact loose the valve caps all together, that saves .0000002412 of a second in the quater I hear as well........ :)

haha jk

p.s. why would u do that to that ugly of a car, is there someone special about this car? Im sorry but thtats way too much time and money and way to ugly of an outcome for me....my opinion

jk

Yeah those wheels are ugly, and too heavy....shoot he prolly lost .0000000124 of a second in the quarter cuz of that extra .0012 lbs on the wheels....he should put some plastic valve stem caps on there too, those chrome ones add alot of weight as well, in fact loose the valve caps all together, that saves .0000002412 of a second in the quater I hear as well........ :)

haha jk

p.s. why would u do that to that ugly of a car, is there someone special about this car? Im sorry but thtats way too much time and money and way to ugly of an outcome for me....my opinion

jk

well being that it does many things our trucks can never do, such as turn corners in a fast maner and weigh less than 3k pouinds, i think it is a great platform to do exactly what he did... It is probably a blast to drive aswell... :thumbs:

And it is cheap and all of the parts for it are cheap, the technology is proven it is RWD, again it handles well, i dont think it looks as bad as you do, but that is an opinion... Umm it has good brakes, they are pretty fast in the sort of form he has it in, both in a straight line and especially around corners, stiff, i could go on...

actually those wheels should be pretty light...ive seen alot of import wheels weight around 15 pounds or less...some of the racing wheel are 4 pounds...i like imports or anything that is fast...those wheel arnt my favorite but i like em :cheers:

actually those wheels should be pretty light...ive seen alot of import wheels weight around 15 pounds or less...some of the racing wheel are 4 pounds...i like imports or anything that is fast...those wheel arnt my favorite but i like em :cheers:

i think ben was being sarcastic... Some people on here do not understand the concept of "light wheels" :oops::seeya:

haha jk

jk

well being that it does many things our trucks can never do, such as turn corners in a fast maner and weigh less than 3k pouinds, i think it is a great platform to do exactly what he did... It is probably a blast to drive aswell... :thumbs:

And it is cheap and all of the parts for it are cheap, the technology is proven it is RWD, again it handles well, i dont think it looks as bad as you do, but that is an opinion... Umm it has good brakes, they are pretty fast in the sort of form he has it in, both in a straight line and especially around corners, stiff, i could go on...

:withstupid:

Im not much of an import fan, but sometimes the fun factor over rules brand prefference. Atleast for me.

Archived