Exhaust Vs. Migraines

f1ss

What muffler setup did you purchase? Just curious as my brother had the Dual Extreme setup. They claim it is a bold sounding "for extremists who want to take their truck to the next level" but it never bothered me. I really like how these exhausts are dyno tuned and they say 10-20hp gains. I also liked how its nice and tame at idle, just a tad louder than the stock SS

I would love to get the Super Truck exhaust as it exits before the rear tire, but it does not apply to the 2003 SS AWD truck, but it does to the 2006 SS rwd truck. Is their something in the way that causes this specific system not fit the AWD SS'? Might have to call up Gibson and ask...that would be sweet and might even choose that over the Corsa if it fit the 2003s. It does fit the VHO 4wd drives though....any clarificarition?

i would say corsa ALL DAY!!!..i had a 03 denali xl with a gibson and i like it no drone and it was a deeper grown like a semi almost haha..had a 03 sierra hd with a magna flow..the muffler actually splitt open on me..being a stainless muffler i was kinda pissed about that..lucky for me i have a tig welder so i just welded the seem back shut...my ss has a corsa and it sounds amazing!! altho it is alil loud ..and on my 08 denali i just bought i have a corsa the quiet one..soo i put headers and a y pipe on it and now its pretty loud when your on it..it screams like a Z06..lol but set the cruise and its as quiet as stock not a bit of drone i was pretty shocked..and at an idle its perfect...soo it really depends on your personal taste on what u like a deep rumble with a gibson..or a screaming z06 corsa

Thank you Rice Eater, your input was extremely helpfull as you have experience with most of the exhausts I named. I do like the Corsa scream the most, the Gibson is just a nice little rumble but nothing obnoxious, little louder than stock imo. :thumbs:

Im thinking Corsa still. Was surpised to see the touring is more dough, but oh well. The spot I was looking at had 15% off today until 11pm on exhausts but my funds arent here just yet. Looking like the touring in case I do LTs down the road, but that will make the truck a weekend driver for special events dates, shows, pro sport games, get togethers and the seasonal cruise to LVD instead of 2-3 times a week when I was on the road 2005-2008. :chevrolet:

I was watching your thread when you switched over to them, that TBSS video was nice indeed. Did you ever get a chance to get a video of your setup? Inside cab and outside revs or a fly by would be greatly appreciated, or anything you already have. :chevrolet:

• 2 weeks later...

I had Flo-Pro on my SS, droned a lot at all speeds

Then put a 50 series Flowmaster, somewhat droned

Then to a 23" Magnaflow, only droned at 70 mph

VHO now has true dual 18" Mags.

Didn't drone at all until recently when I dumped it, now drones at 70-75 mph in OD

I really hope you can find one that works for you and your health, hope this helps.

which flo-pros did you have? and which magnaflows did you switch to?

i just did lts and an x on mine with the flo-pro twisters that were on it before and it drones bad, and has the worst rasp ive ever heard. i need to do something about it but dont want to buy another set of mufflers and still not be happy with how it sounds.

What muffler setup did you purchase? Just curious as my brother had the Dual Extreme setup. They claim it is a bold sounding "for extremists who want to take their truck to the next level" but it never bothered me. I really like how these exhausts are dyno tuned and they say 10-20hp gains. I also liked how its nice and tame at idle, just a tad louder than the stock SS

I would love to get the Super Truck exhaust as it exits before the rear tire, but it does not apply to the 2003 SS AWD truck, but it does to the 2006 SS rwd truck. Is their something in the way that causes this specific system not fit the AWD SS'? Might have to call up Gibson and ask...that would be sweet and might even choose that over the Corsa if it fit the 2003s. It does fit the VHO 4wd drives though....any clarificarition?

i think the only reason it wont fit is because of the different y pipes.

i had the supertruck on my last silverado and i really liked how it sounded.

I went from having a magnaflow on my SS to a Gibson on my nnbs and I am super torn over which one I like better. From outside the truck the Gibson is hands down the winner. The magnaflow sounded great from inside and outside the truck but it droned at almost all speeds. The Gibson just doesnt sound good from inside the truck IMO. IDK...................

• 3 months later...

sorry man been slacking big time on getting that vid up its been how many months nowbanghead.gif, i gotta tear apart one of the cats and then ill get a vid i promise... if you already got a muffler sorry , i just skimmed over this whole thread, hope you find what you need , or already got!

No problem man, I havnet purchased a system yet as the truck is stored and I have to buy all new brakes and a complete overhaul on filters, fluids, tires, and get it to a paint guy to make her shine like out of the showroom again. Their is a used Corsa I want to purchase, but had to collect a certain part that was a great deal on here. Im also facing more surgeries so Im not even sure if I will be able to drive it this year. No point to drop little over 2 grand to only drive it in the fall (recovery for the arm is awhile).

Please when you get the time put up the vid. Ive checked out the XR-1s on the website and its a good deal. If somehow I dont need surgery my truck should be up late spring, so theirs plenty of time to get the video. Thank you for keeping me in mind about the situation, very much appreciated. :pepsicheer:

From all of the research I have done, I think the Magnaflow DI/DO replacement sounds great, flows great, and is very affordable. You can buy the muffler (18" p/n: 14468 or 22" p/n: 14568 options) and have a muffler shop replace your stock unit. I would like to have the Corsa setup, but as good as the factory pipes are, the muffler swap is all I want for the money. I would say you could do this for $150 to $175 labor and all (purchasing muffler online), depending on what your local muffler shop charges. For the money, I think this is a great option.

I love magnaflow but the tone is too deep. I would have to add resonators or maybe an X pipe to quiet it down. So its just Corsa or maybe the Borla XR-1. I want the used Corsa I was speaking of, but when its all said and done it might be costing me as much as a new sport system with all the pipe and fab work I will want done. So its either 2 Borla XR-1's SI/SO in replace of the stock or Corsa Sport wether it be the used one or just wait till I can drive and get a new Sport system.

Thank you man, I do love the magnaflow but I know its too much deep toned and will bring on a migraine. :chevrolet:

I know that you are concerned about drone and what not but you can always add Dynomat of fat mat to you interior and it will take away the sound. You could do the back wall and also part of the floor. Its just an idea.

Funny thing is I had the dyno max X flow muffler and loved it. I just recently rotted off so I threw on a set of Thrush glass packs. And I have to say its a whole new sound and the truck has a bit more pep in it. Sound is also pretty good. I can listen to my radio at a nice volume enjoy it and go 70-75. Im not saying go the glass pack route but I just thought that I would share

Edited by Sick03ss (see edit history)