Painting Calipers

So I've searched as much as I could on these forums and didn't find what I was looking for. Need some help!

I am wanting to paint my calipers on the truck. I've seen that G2 (I think is the brand) seems like a good company people on here are using, but I am un-sure on what color I should use. My Chevy is Black on the outside, with Black 22's. I thought about Red calipers, but everyone does Red. What about maybe Yellow? I am just not sure how this would look. I also thought about maybe doing some Yellow pieces under the hood to kind of go with it as well. On the inside it's just the normal Gray and I've started painting pieces Black as well on the inside, just to give it a little more pop. So, just needing some help on choosing a good brand and color! Want to make my truck stand out.

Thanks! :D

http://duplicolor.com/products/caliperPaint/

I used the above on my drums and calipers. about 6 coats of the brush on type and it looks pro. Has held up solid too. Check that link, there are many color options.

c-notch.jpg

Edited by Bad Ass Silvy (see edit history)

I used the dupli color brush on paint on mine. To be honest it was the worst paint I have ever used. Spray paint would have looked better and taken less time to do. I have heard the G2 is better than the dc as almost anything I could have used would have been better. I have used the dc spray caliper paint in the past on a lot of calipers and drums with great results tho.

I wouldn't do the paint that you have to brush on. the stuff is junk. id just do a spray can. doesn't even have to be high temp or anything like that. i color matched mine a also painted in the SS logo. yellow would be different. i would go with whatever theme color your stick ing with on the rest of the truck. i personally color match everything. but on a black vehicle it wont stick out much if you were to color match.

heres a few pictures of mine. i did them like 3 years ago. the paint it holding up great. to do mine it took about 6 hours but most of that was do to dry time. also doing the SS logo made it take even longer. the SS logos aren't stickers there are painted in.

micspics044.jpg

micspics032.jpg

IMG_8740.jpg

IMG_8736.jpg

Y'alls calipers look great! I do appreciate the info. I might just try to stay away from the brush then. I plan on color matching a lot on this truck, but you're right it is hard to color match some things because the Black wont show very well. I will just have to play with it then and just see how the colors would look on it. Hopefully the Yellow would look pretty sweet, but idk. I don't really want to add anything Yellow on the interior, but maybe a couple dash pieces would look good with them. Oh decisions, decisions! lol

I think yellow might look good. Get a nice bright yellow though. Not a mustard color. Black you won't even notice. There were some pics of a blacked out corvette on her with lime green calipers and it was ( . )( . ). Thats the direction I think I might be heading.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yeah I was def. going to find a brighter Yellow. A mustard Yellow color would ruin it! I just want to pop the outside a little bit. Not to much, but just enough and I thought by doing the calipers a color that would stand out and be different than most people have, it would be pretty cool. But I don't wanna ruin the look of this truck. My Ford is White, so I color matched the calipers on it. Black is a new world for me! lol. Lime Green sounds pretty sick though! But I wouldn't want any interior pieces done Lime Green. A couple Yellow pieces though inside would look neat I would think. I'm going to keep listening to y'alls options and looking around a litle longer probably. I wouldn't want to pay that much for a brake setup. It might be nice, but way out of my league. I agree, I'll paint my factory calipers and be happy!

I wouldn't do any bright colors in the interior at all. Blue red silver our black looks good. Yellow or lime green in the interior would not look good at all. To tacky and ricey

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yeah I was def. going to find a brighter Yellow. A mustard Yellow color would ruin it! I just want to pop the outside a little bit. Not to much, but just enough and I thought by doing the calipers a color that would stand out and be different than most people have, it would be pretty cool. But I don't wanna ruin the look of this truck. My Ford is White, so I color matched the calipers on it. Black is a new world for me! lol. Lime Green sounds pretty sick though! But I wouldn't want any interior pieces done Lime Green. A couple Yellow pieces though inside would look neat I would think. I'm going to keep listening to y'alls options and looking around a litle longer probably. I wouldn't want to pay that much for a brake setup. It might be nice, but way out of my league. I agree, I'll paint my factory calipers and be happy!

i wanted to get those goodyear eagles with the yellow lettering and yellow calipers but they dont make those tires anymore :banghead:

Edited by payton23 (see edit history)

Hey shawnss wat kind of paint did you use and wat color? Looks really good man. I'm thinking of the same idea just maybe and antifreeze green. Wat blur is it? And howd u paint in the SS logo?

its arrival blue. the same color as my truck. i just went to my local auto parts store and they whipped me up a can of spray paint in arrival blue. for the SS letting i laid down what color i wanted the SS lettering to be in my case silver spray paint. then i cut out the SS lettering on sticker paper. then after the silver spray paint on the calipers dried i laid down the SS letting i cut out on the sticker paper. then i sprayed the blue over the caliper and over the SS lettering. then after the arrival blue paint dried i pilled off the SS lettering and that what left the SS logo on the calipers. then i cleared over it all. if i didn't explain it well enough let me know some times i tend to ramble. im not a writer by any means.

Thanks man think I'm goinna give that a try. So pretty much any good quality spray paint will work for caliper paint eh?

spray paint has always seemed to work for me. I think the most important part is how clean the calipers are before you paint them. mine were pretty clean before i painted mine. but i sprayed my calipers off with brake clean. then i washed them with soap and water then i painted them.