Pics of my first tow!

styleandspeed

I towed my friends 300zx with a TT motor swap down to Houston from College Station a few days ago(about an hour and a half). I was really happy with they way that the truck behaved with the trailer. It really felt strong towing, and the brakes still worked great. The best thing is that while coming out of the tollbooth in houston I was next to an explorer and a dodge ram. We all gunned it at the same time because our 3 lanes turned into one, and I passed them both with the car behind me on the trailer!! :) That was great!!

By the way, I averaged about 11.3 mpg.

towing1.jpg

towing2.jpg

towing3.jpg

towing4.jpg

img_0965.jpg

Aaron

towing is fun in the SSS all looks, and more jaws dropping seeing that sweet truck pulling.

I did not like the feel of the breaks with the added weight, they were not bad just a little soft for pulling another car.

:cool:

As for "load bars" do you mean load distributing hitch?

Just for info I use the Loadmaster Active Suspension.

Its about $170 to $200 depending on model in SUMMIT Racing catalog

1. RAS-2351 $169.95 1/2 ton 1973 to 2003

2. RAS-2452 $199.95 1/2 to 1 ton1973 to 2003

Hope this helps

Guys, our "Enclosed Trailer is 24' Long" and if you have extra room on your trailer you can position the car so that the trailer is level (the Weight is on the Trailer Springs). If your weight is too far forward on the trailer it pushes the weight on the Truck Springs and the truck back end will sag. Also if the car is positioned too far back on the trailer that will make your trailer sway. We don't use any sway bars or load levelers on our SS and it pulls smooth!!

Ginnie :chevy: (Also having the Correct Trailer Hitch has alot to do with it, because everything has to be level.)

Ginnie My trailer is 26' long it hauls four snowmobiles and gear so I can't always set the weight where I want it for the exact 60/40 weight distribution. In your case of a car you are correct in just moving the car for the correct balance. Some time with the four sleds, tool boxes and all the rest of the gear I am not so lucky. But with the Active suspension it does a very nice job keeping everything hauling straight.

Sorry, Yes I did mean load distribution bars. I really can't move the car that much and the tool box and spare parts are pretty heavy. I have an F-250 SD that squats pretty good with this trailer on. I'm looking at the air bags right now but was hoping to lower the truck. Looks like that may not be an option at this point. :(

Archived