First Runs With Radix

DGIEPSS

well i went the track for the first time with my new mp 112 installed and i have mixed feelings hoping for better but still pretty happy considering some is my fault so here it is 03 SS with dynatecks long tubes mild tci shift kit and of course the mp 112 with 3.0 pulley @ 7 psi my other issues that hurt me are still running factory tune from magnuson would love to get a custom tune done and i was also running on my 24s i know that hurt me so ill stop rambling now and just spill it best was a 13.64 @ 99.2 mph so what do you guys think

Edited by DGIEPSS (see edit history)

Not bad man, I'd Get rid of the 24's dude. Throw ur stock wheels on with some decent tires for the track atleast, you'll see big improvements. And a street tune atleast. And remember 13's are still respectable for a 6k lb truck. IMO

If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks, than it needed to be fixed anyways...

Guest JasonHensley22

Hey man that ain't too bad to start with, especially for a stock tune! Get that bad boy thinking it has a SC and lose some of that weight and you'll be good to go! thumb.gif

Hey man 13's is pretty good for running on the stock magna tune and those lead shoes. There are many additional upgrades you can invest in to go faster but it is all up to your personal desires. For minimal investment, a 2.8" pulley and a good street/dyno tune will make a world of difference.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't feel bad, that is what a bolt on radix runs. Now if you want to go faster, look at Krambo's old set up and go from there.

That is not what should be expected out of a MP112. Maybe if you slap it on and call it a day. My cousin ran 12.8s in his '03 SS with just an MP112, 42lb injectors and his own custom tuning. He then sold the truck and the guy grenaded the transmission, then the motor and had a shop build a forged motor and put in a donkey D cam (24x/24x) and turned up the boost and ran...13.01. HAHAHAHA! My cousin owns a speed shop and told him over and over not to go with a cam that big but the engine builder he went with said it would work fine...

That is not what should be expected out of a MP112. Maybe if you slap it on and call it a day. My cousin ran 12.8s in his '03 SS with just an MP112, 42lb injectors and his own custom tuning. He then sold the truck and the guy grenaded the transmission, then the motor and had a shop build a forged motor and put in a donkey D cam (24x/24x) and turned up the boost and ran...13.01. HAHAHAHA! My cousin owns a speed shop and told him over and over not to go with a cam that big but the engine builder he went with said it would work fine...

He did just slap it in and called it a day. He said so in his post. Second, there are other variables at play. Abviously your cousin had more work involved than just a radix mp112 "slapped on "

sent from my thunderbolt

congrats on the new ttime and mp112. Just get a good tuner to dyno or street tune it (tune is as good as the tuner) or I would go Zippy. If you like the 24s alot, the tune may be enough to make you happy, how much your 24s weigh compared to stock rims?