Clock resets to 12:00 often

Tom Parsons

Yes, both of my 04's do it. There is a service bulletin out about it. Go see your dealer. My power seat in my LT also loses it memory over a period time also. GM knows about that problem but, does not have a fix for it yet. They are suppose to be working on a software program for the seat problem. I saw a bulletin on that but, GM does not want the general public to know about the seat problem. It actually said that on the bulletin. Anyways there is a bulletin out about the radio problem.

My SS had this problem plus ejecting the CD's after it got hot. Took it in for re-programing. Still not sure the CD issue is fixed. I haven't had it on a long trip to check out, but I did notice the CD seemed to be skipping but didn't eject. It may be a bad CD that I burned.

Dan

My truck loses it's seat and mirror memory every now and then... and about once a week I get in the truck and the radio has forgotten the station I was on...

I need to check the clock when this happens, before it auto sets itself.

theres an updated seat module for the 03 memory seat problem. as for the clock forgetting the time, i had a 03 tahoe in at work with the same problem. i found the engine ground loose. tightened it up and problem solved. it got so loose that the truck would not start and they had to have it towed in. its the bolt that connects the negative battery cable to the engine. its on the left side, towards the front lower part of the block. just follow the cable down to where it goes. hope this helps.

Archived