Intake Upgrade

JLSanchez

With the LSXRT you will also need an adapter to keep the 3-bolt throttle body, or step up to a 90mm throttle body that will require a x-link adapter too.

Without knowing your budget, goals on performance, current mods done, mechanical ability, this intake might be overkill on the 5.3.

Your money will more likely be better spent on a cam, converter, headers, or a 6.0L.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont waste your $$$$$ on a FAST!!!

A TBSS or NNBS 07 up 4.8/5.3 intake manifold will work just as well or better than a FAST.Lots of guys running this intake and have shown it to be a potent performer,esp when ported.

LME tested a car FAST intake and a ported truck intake on my 408 and the truck intake beat the FAST by almost 20hp,17hp to be exact.Thats at the flywheel on a Superflow engine dyno,not rwhp.I posted dyno #'s a while back you can search for...

Now if you have $1000 to spend on just making under your hood look better,then go with the FAST.Only thing a FAST has over a $150 NNBS factory manifold is looks!!!

I wanted a better looking intake so I spent $650(actually paid $575 thru a bud who's a Holley dealer) on the new 102mm Holley Hi Ram w/ billet fuel rails (new Car Craft or Hot Rod showed a 41hp gain over factory LS3 and only lost 17tq on a 427 motor)If id have used the equivalant FAST intake with fuel rails instead,id have been at almost $1300 and have an intake that didnt perform as well or look as mean!!!

Those Fast intakes are wicked nice, hands down. If you can afford it and the 90mm tb, you can always hold onto it down the road and add some Lts to help move more air. That setup will be amazing and sure youll be happy with results ive heard. :chevrolet:

Dont waste your $$$$$ on a FAST!!!

A TBSS or NNBS 07 up 4.8/5.3 intake manifold will work just as well or better than a FAST.Lots of guys running this intake and have shown it to be a potent performer,esp when ported.

LME tested a car FAST intake and a ported truck intake on my 408 and the truck intake beat the FAST by almost 20hp,17hp to be exact.Thats at the flywheel on a Superflow engine dyno,not rwhp.I posted dyno #'s a while back you can search for...

Now if you have $1000 to spend on just making under your hood look better,then go with the FAST.Only thing a FAST has over a $150 NNBS factory manifold is looks!!!

I wanted a better looking intake so I spent $650(actually paid $575 thru a bud who's a Holley dealer) on the new 102mm Holley Hi Ram w/ billet fuel rails (new Car Craft or Hot Rod showed a 41hp gain over factory LS3 and only lost 17tq on a 427 motor)If id have used the equivalant FAST intake with fuel rails instead,id have been at almost $1300 and have an intake that didnt perform as well or look as mean!!!

Don't you have a square port head though? The LS3 port LSx intake unported will no doubt get beat by an L92 truck intake. Out of the box the LS3 port car intake needs to be ported to make the power which is a shame. Almost everyone that has made the LS3 to Fast LS3 intake has seen little to no power and some in fact have seen a loss except where porting was involved. To have to pay that much for an intake an still have to port it is horrible. As for cathedral ports, the LSxRT intake has shown to be a nice imrpovement over the stock intakes even the 07' up. A Fast LSxRT with a 102mm Nick Williams is about as good as you can get for bolt on and go on a truck and show improvement. For a budget job though nothing can beat the 07' up intake for power increase for the dollar.