Please Help!

cmoney23

Need some professional suspension guy's here. Try and figure this one out. So im on a stock suspension and my front end sits right on the bump stops. Im not lowered cause you can just tell by looking at the gap in my fender. No lowering parts that i can see. I just took a measurement and i got 9" from top of rim to fender well. I got 4" from top of tire to fender well. Why in the world would my front end be sitting on the bumpstops if im not lowered? Would it be my shocks are bad? Would that cause it to sag like that? But if i was sagging like that it seems like i would have a lowered stance if im sitting on my bumpstops. Im sitting at stock height while sitting on my front bumpstops... Mind Boggling right?

bumpstop002.jpgNewSS8.jpg

Edited by cmoney23 (see edit history)

My truck sits 7" from top of tire to fender well and I am 2wd. Looks to me like your torsion bars have been cranked down

Your 7" from top of tire or top of rim? That just doesnt make any sense to me about the torsion bars. Because i wanna lower the truck 2/2 and if i do ill be metal to metal where my bump stops are suppose to be.

How is your ride? I bet your torsion bars are turned down...

The ride isnt that bad, But if i crank my torsion bars back up my front end will be extremely to high. Like retarded high. Like higher than my rear end. And what should the bolts look like stock for the torsion bars. Should they be completely in, Like all the way in so no thread shows?

Edited by cmoney23 (see edit history)

The "bump stops" are actually called jounce bumpers. They are an active part of the suspension that helps the torsion bars load and unload the suspension. They usually have a small (1/8") gap or are riding on the bumpers from the factory. If you plan on lowering the front, you will need to drill some holes in them, and or cut a nub off to maintain cushioning and a quality ride. There is a write up in the how to section done by Mr P. that is a great read on this.

BTW yours look to be in good condition. Mine on the other hand had some cracks in them, and the ones for the SSS are discontinued and superceeded by some that aren't as heavy duty.

Yours look to be normal for these trucks.

Edited by sinr98 (see edit history)

The "bump stops" are actually called jounce bumpers. They are an active part of the suspension that helps the torsion bars load and unload the suspension. They usually have a small (1/8") gap or are riding on the bumpers from the factory. If you plan on lowering the front, you will need to drill some holes in them, and or cut a nub off to maintain cushioning and a quality ride. There is a write up in the how to section done by Mr P. that is a great read on this.

Really, so im freaking out for no reason thinking my suspension is jacked up in some way. Thanks alot. Thanks for the advice.

Awsome now i just gotta figure out why my rear end is even with my front end. My hangers and shackles are both stock. So its gotta be my shocks are bad or worn out leaf springs. Maybe drop leaf springs, but i have no clue. There's a RPN # on the leaf springs, maybe that'll tell me. Its wierd cause the passenger side RPN# on the leaf spring is 0903 and the drivers side RPN# is 0833. Shouldnt they be the same? There's also another # on them both that match. Its 15765128 on both sides. Anyone know anything about this?

Awsome now i just gotta figure out why my rear end is even with my front end. My hangers and shackles are both stock. So its gotta be my shocks are bad or worn out leaf springs. Maybe drop leaf springs, but i have no clue. There's a RPN # on the leaf springs, maybe that'll tell me. Its wierd cause the passenger side RPN# on the leaf spring is 0903 and the drivers side RPN# is 0833. Shouldnt they be the same? There's also another # on them both that match. Its 15765128 on both sides. Anyone know anything about this?

Stop looking for problems, your truck sits even because it appears you have a fair amount of weight in the back, i.e. a fiberglass tonneau, spare tire, trailer hitch, and whatever crap you have stored in the bed......