Dual Stock Exhaust W/ Cutouts

lilsage15

Alright so I just bought my SS last Thursday and am ready to make some mods to it. I'm thinking that putting straight pipe duals just looks dumb and sounds dumb. I had them on my old truck (97 Silverado) but I just think the loud sound would ruin the sleek look of the SS. So I got to thinking and came up with the idea of running 2 cut out devices that go around the stock mufflers. I was also thinking that i would buy a whole other stock exhaust tip and run it to the other side of the truck. So I need help because I just don't know if that is even possible to do and if it would sound and look good at the same time. -Luke

2.5w_flow.jpgpost-15019-1236041687_thumb.jpg2003_Chevy_Silverado_SS_CJ_rear.jpg

http://www.dmhperfor...com/ecutout.htm ^ Both of the Exhaust Tips ^ The finished product would look just like the exhaust here but on the other side also

^ Above is the link to the company that make the cutouts

Edited by lilsage15 (see edit history)

The cutouts are a great, I've got a DMH single cutout on my 69 Chevy and I've been wanting to add that set of dual cutouts to my SS for a long time and just keep the rest of the exhaust stock. The second exit for the exhaust might be kinda tricky but you can do it as the muffler has dual pipes coming out that Y into the passenger side tail pipe. Also not sure where you would buy the drivers side tail pipe, best bet might be to have an exhaust shop make you one. Good luck with your exhaust project, keep us updated and welcome to the site! pepsicheer.gif

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

I'm planning on doing this same set up u have in mind but I'm thinking of dumping the 2 stock tips in front of rear passenger tire. I think it would give it a more aggressive look IMO. Keep us posted on wat u decided to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Might want to look into a new muffler, the stock one is di/do, however when you cut it open only one pipe goes through, and the other just stops. I am not good with the terminology but it is not a true di/do muffler like you would buy from magnaflow.

Might want to look into a new muffler, the stock one is di/do, however when you cut it open only one pipe goes through, and the other just stops. I am not good with the terminology but it is not a true di/do muffler like you would buy from magnaflow.

I told this to a muffler guy and he went ape $hit on me. Said i was out of my mind. Look into a flowmonster di/do if you want a good sounding muffler for a lot less $$$$. Not shure if its still valid but when i got mine there was a code you could enter if you was a member of this site.

DI/DO Flowmonster