A Little Update From Mr.Mcshiny

2bfast

I have a feeling that the 69 will be cleaner than the SS! If at all possible.

Can't wait to see the progress Brian.

Also just go with the 80e in the truck. At your power level and with spray it's your best bet IMHO.

Wow sounds like you have had a string of back luck with your tranny. glad to see your getting it all worked out. hope this new setup work's well for you. its sweet that your doing this all on your own. have you ever considered swapping i a 4l80?

have you ever considered swapping i a 4l80?

Definatly. And as mentioned on the OP that was the plan for this winter along with heads for the SSS............but the F-body came into the picture along with recent set plans for an LS/T56 swap. This swap will take longer than a winter as im not just swapping in an LS mill and 6 speed. I have to modify the fuel system, cooling system, complete suspension, brakes, interior is coming out for minor mods.

This last failure really has nothing to do with power, and im still yet to really get an answer as to why it occured. The 3/4's, well thats a lost cause no matter what. I do plan on an 80 swap just not anytime soon with the big project I have in front of me with the 69.

Can I ask why a t56. Is a double overdrive trans really what your looking for. I know it will be easy to do but 6 forward gears and two of those overdrives are not really appealing in a car such as yours. There are other 6 speed trans with just one overdrive 4 underdrives and one direct drive.

Curious minds want to inquire is all.

sent from my thunderbolt

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)