Should I Buy A Steering Wheel Lock

rickyrick562

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should i buy a steering wheel lock

Alright so i just installed my Viper alarm and found out today that the homie's brother's SS was stolen again he ran out as soon as he heard it start but was too late. So my question is should i get a steering wheel lock or is there anything that can make it not as easy to seal the truck. i made a poll

Make sure your alarm is installed properly and 9 times out of 10, That'll take care of it. Steering locks on the other hand are fairly easy to defeat. The steering wheel can be cut with a hack saw in under a minute. Arm your alarm and make sure it has starter disable which will hold them up a few more minutes, and you should be able to scare them off by then.

Edited by Mr. 3/4 ton SS (see edit history)

It'll just be like if your fuel pump stops working. It might start for a minute and blow off any gas/fumes still in the system but then you simply won't be able to start it. It'll turn over and such but with no fuel delivery there's no way the engine can run so thieves would have to A) know the fuse is missing and just happen to have one or B) tow it off lol

EDIT: This is just my personal experience with fuel pumps and pulling fuse etc, never had any trouble. As far as actual long term side effects you'd have to ask an actual mechanic.

Edited by Marzyn (see edit history)

Pull the fuel pump fuse when you park it

Or you can splice in a switch to kill the fuel pump relay. then place the switch where only you know where it is. then at night or when you park the truck kill the switch. i have pulled my fuel pump relay a few times when i had to leave the truck out over night. i do have a compustar alarm on my dd and it works great. nobody has ever messed with it. i have it set super soft so if anybody touch's the car it will go off.

if they want it, they will take it simply put. Alarms and all these gadgets only slow them down. I actually took my wheel locks off as a thief is going to want the truck not just rims. The best answer is storage or a garage.