Promising Times At The Track With The Radix.....

slowfive0

Man, I am sorry I missed this outing, but I should be cool to go if you do go back to Lapeer this weekedn if the weather permits. I had a thing at the kids school last sat @ 4:30 so it would have been too tight to make it back in time.

RiceEater got .4 using some smaller wheels (wonder if he still has them for you to use :))

With these heavy arse trucks its like .05 for every 100lbs...I saw no gain in dropping my gate/spare, now if you did gate, spare, jack, passenger seat...then you might get a worthy gain but you are not that guy, you like to run it as you drive it! I agree.

No problem, I totally understand. I am planning on going Saturday if the weather allows. Sucks because it is supposed to be 50-55^ shakehead.gif

WOW! Wheels would be awesome to see how much difference on my combo. .4 would be incredible---lol!

Should be fun though so let's stay in touch. Is there anyone else local on this board who wants to go?

Man, I am sorry I missed this outing, but I should be cool to go if you do go back to Lapeer this weekedn if the weather permits. I had a thing at the kids school last sat @ 4:30 so it would have been too tight to make it back in time.

RiceEater got .4 using some smaller wheels (wonder if he still has them for you to use :))

With these heavy arse trucks its like .05 for every 100lbs...I saw no gain in dropping my gate/spare, now if you did gate, spare, jack, passenger seat...then you might get a worthy gain but you are not that guy, you like to run it as you drive it! I agree.

Hell I'd be dancin in the pits if mine was in the 12's

Ugh, I dont even want to admit it but the best ET my daughter got out of mine with the Magna on it was 14.32.

Its all stock except the charger, is the tune THAT far off???

BTW, "Good air" here is 3,800

Edited by KIKINSS (see edit history)

Ugh, I dont even want to admit it but the best ET my daughter got out of mine with the Magna on it was 14.32.

I hear there is a good tuner in your parts...:pepsicheer:

I said the same thing last year (I would be happy getting into the mid to high 12's). You can see how long that lasted --- LMAO!

I don't know what yours should run being as it is mostly stock with exception of the charger, but I bet 13's for sure. Tune is a big part of it and will help you tremendously.

X100!!!!!

I hear there is a good tuner in your parts...:pepsicheer:

I said the same thing last year (I would be happy getting into the mid to high 12's). You can see how long that lasted --- LMAO!

I don't know what yours should run being as it is mostly stock with exception of the charger, but I bet 13's for sure. Tune is a big part of it and will help you tremendously.

X100!!!!!

Not to hijack this thread any further but...... Wheatley is the one???

I was going to take it to a local guy that just did my daughters Trans Am, he found 140 more HP on her car. dbanana.gif He had it on the dyno for an afternoon.

No, Zippy. He is now located in Phoenix.

Not to hijack this thread any further but...... Wheatley is the one???

I was going to take it to a local guy that just did my daughters Trans Am, he found 140 more HP on her car. dbanana.gif He had it on the dyno for an afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a bit slow for a stock with charger only, but plenty of room for growth.

• 3 months later...

Made it back to the track today (42F, 65% humidity, 30.02). With my base tune (conservative tune/no meth inj) truck went 12.22 at 110 right off the street! Temperatures were a little warmer, but similar to when I ran the 12.21 at 110 back in 2010 however that pass was with a very aggressive tune. Only differences between the two outings is now I had the conservative tune, electric fans, 90mm tb, homemade cai to my Volant airbox, and I got rid of the flowmasters and replaced them with straight through mufflers......6 of them! LOL!!!

I played around with my methanol injection and aside from being able to run more timing without any knock and obviously controlling IAT's, didn't see much difference. Could hot lap it and maintain consistent performance, but not much gain. I would say maybe a tenth/1 mph gain if that.......Tried to be very scientific about my testing to get good results that would allow me to say that "Test B" definitely improved over "Test A", but had a hard time due to oil downs, people jerking off in the lanes, etc. Overall, I'm pretty sure I would pick up a little with the Methanol and tune dialed in for kill, but not worth the gains imo. Probably the biggest pro for the methanol is if I decide to make hot laps when at the track---especially in the summer.

I'm not going to kill myself over this crap anymore. The truck is a complete BLAST to drive and drive it I do! It now has 165,000 and is great. I ran a ton of mustangs, camaros, trucks, everything today and did awesome! Maybe lost one race and that was due to them getting the jump on me (red light). It was a lot of fun and met a ton of really cool people today. Really nice to drive your junk to the track, pull in and rip off your best pass of the day and come back to the pits with the stereo bumping smoker.gif just j/k about the bumping part lol!

I think I'm going to keep this truck fun and drop my ideas of twin turbo this, 1500hp this and what not and just build this basic combo better. Thinking either a 390, 408 with my existing block or the same crank setup in a bigger bore block for a few more cubes and better breathing. Some good heads, TVS2300 and call it a day. Should run bottom 11's (maybe high 10's) in the good air and mid 11's the rest of the time. If I can pull that off and keep it similar to what I have now (maintenance, driveability, etc), then I will have succeeded. Seems it has already been done by a certain tuner in AZ and guy in Canada....cheers.gif Hats off to them and thanks for the paving the way. Now I just need to start saving my pennies.

P.S. The coolest thing at the track today imo was this ford flex. He had a tune from Livernois, some lighter wheels, methanol inj, and some better flowing exhaust components. Went 12.94!!!!!! He was beating up on camaros, mustangs, etc all day! Couldn't help but laugh to myself at a few of those races---they didn't know what hit them! LMAO! Sleepers RULE!!!!

Edited by slowfive0 (see edit history)