What Else To Do

i hae an 03 with supercharger, intake ,efi live tune, gibson exhaust.its a daily driver .what else have you guys done for performance and was it worth it.the supercharger isnt a real good one only getting 6lbs of boost.any suggestions

Your not gonna get a lot of boost because our motors are high compression. But the first thing that comes to my mind is LT headers or upgrading the cam. Food for thought.

i think he's not getting much boost because of his blower/ blower pullie's. i've seen guys push 13-15psi on a stock motor with a procharger. ive pushed my stock motor to 14lbs and a 65 wet-shot ran a 12.5 on that stock motor.. with a spot on tune these motors can handle some boost.

i think he's not getting much boost because of his blower/ blower pullie's. i've seen guys push 13-15psi on a stock motor with a procharger. ive pushed my stock motor to 14lbs and a 65 wet-shot ran a 12.5 on that stock motor.. with a spot on tune these motors can handle some boost.

Really? Wow i've read some threads on the matter and almost everyone has said they can't run a ton of boost because our compression ratios are higher, but it seems you've disproved that, pretty cool. So yes a better tune should help a lot but still look at headers and cam as well.

Really? Wow i've read some threads on the matter and almost everyone has said they can't run a ton of boost because our compression ratios are higher, but it seems you've disproved that, pretty cool. So yes a better tune should help a lot but still look at headers and cam as well.

yeah. things are changing. but now guys are going with high compression plus boost. with higher compression it doesn't take a much boost to make great power. but you don't have much room to play with on a high compression plus high boost motors. with these motors your tune needs to be dead on. lower compression motors taking it a little better than the high comp motors. heck i've seen guys pushing motors to 10.8.1 with boost and make nasty power. pus with a high comp motor when your out of boost you still make good power.

the problem with running high boost on our stock LQ9 is that the piston's and rods are the weak part. mostly the piston's. they are a cast piston and they don't take mistakes well. if your going to run high comp i'd only do it on a forged piston. not saying forged won't break but take the abuse a little better.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Too many threads are posted by people who don't know the correct info themselves. Wrong answers spread like wildfire.

Too many threads are posted by people who don't know the correct info themselves. Wrong answers spread like wildfire.

Yeah you aren't kidding. Like I said with all I read I pretty much thought we could only run a smaller amount of boost. Boy was I wrong!