Tested the ss silvy

Bigdogx

:D <me the hole time i was driving it

I really loved the way it drove, found a black 04 w/16k on it sticker for 33,995

with my 95 zr2 ext cab and cash off total would be 26,495 which does not sound like a bad deal.But with insurance especially in mass they are crooks here it prob just wont be practicle.Im figuring 28k for 5 years would be 5-600 a month, mabey more then add 200 a month for insurance and i might just go look at reg 4x4 silvys :lol: .One thing i did notice driving atleast this ss the brakes are horible exactly like my 95 s10 very underbraked and a mush peddle feel but these trucks can haul a## :thumbs:

Will see what happens mabey ill luck into the right situation and get a ss but for now i think it might be to much truck for my budget.

You could probably get them to come down on that price.

I found my 03 on eBay, listed buy it now for 28.5K a couple of weeks ago. It had 16,800 miles on it. I called them up and got the price down to 26.5K.

Check the trade in value on an 04 with 16K on it and start right around there as your offer price.

Good luck. :flag:

The brakes feel mushy... but they stop better than any other truck out there.

It takes a while to get used to the feel! but I can tell you, I can get this truck down from 70 to 0 in less time than I could my '01 Grand Prix GTP!

I was actually use to the brakes for some reason the pedel felt exactly like my 95 s10.Dealer has called 3 times today but just cant do it this week im on vaca in 1 1/2hr my zr2 is broke i need to rent a pos car so i can get down to wildwood nj. going tuna fishing monday :D i will think it over a couple 20 beers this weekend lol. :cheers:

I paid $1K less than that new for my '04...they need to work on the price a little.

Bottom line, if you like the deal then DO IT! You won't be sorry. :cheers::thumbs:

Oh yeah im in no hurry at all im going to put a water pump in my z and wait till the right one comes along.Best deal i seen so far was a private seller 03 red every option w/5k in miles for 23-24k.

Archived