Built Rearend

went trough the rearend today i installed my tru trac and rear cover and found out that it was just in time as my stock unit was on its last leg

parts i used

eaton tru trac

moser rear cover

moser main cap studs

all new bearings and seals

post-11977-000479100 1321157167_thumb.jpg

post-11977-032412800 1321157189_thumb.jpg

Oh so so nice. I wonder the characteristics of that in the snow on a 4x4 or awd, has me thinking...

It actually works very well. The biggest gain in this over clutch types is simply that you can run synthetic fluid in it. The less expenive clutch types also work great, but the tru-trac is very nice and a great choice.

It actually works very well. The biggest gain in this over clutch types is simply that you can run synthetic fluid in it. The less expenive clutch types also work great, but the tru-trac is very nice and a great choice.

Thank you sir, great videos. That is what I was exactley looking for.

Thank you Sir Zippy. You have me sold on the rear diff. Im sure my buddies will be purchasing them also after seeing those videos, especially the 2nd one. They dont have trucks just jeeps.

Thank you again, and I hope to do business in the future with you, got some things up my sleeve but will take some time.

i recently did the same thing with a ta girdle 3.73 gears (awd)and havent had alot of chance to launch it hard , but from the launchs i have done were pretty consistant , when i ran the 10.7 i had a problem with one rear tire not locking up and this will definately cure that . cant wait to get my ss back up and running and go for single digits , looks like the record will be set right around a year after .

people on the fence , this setup right here will hold to alot of power even in 2wd form .good choice on parts

btw you stole my avatar, but forgot to use the animated version.

Edited by 04CHASE (see edit history)